Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont AAS showing up on transcripts
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew when the AAS BOG degree shows up on your transcripts? I'm trying to transfer my credits into WGU to start 7/1, and I was told by WGU admissions that my classes still showed as in progress with no record of degree. I graduate from Pierpont on 5/10 (thanks to me lurking on the forums taking all your tips LOL) and I figured that was why my degree wasn't showing as active yet. However I was hoping not to impede my application process into WGU by too much lag time.

Thanks again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes see_chelles's post:
  • Dang82
Degrees will most likely be conferred the week after graduation based on my experience.
Texas A&M University-Commerce: M.S. Organization, Learning, and Technologies '25
Texas A&M University-Commerce: BAAS Organizational Leadership, Summa Cum Laude 
Universidad Internacional Isabel I De Castilla/ENEB-MBA Master of Business Administration
Pierpont Community and Technical College: AAS BOG, AOE Criminal Justice 

[-] The following 1 user Likes txc1500's post:
  • RachelB
(05-06-2024, 09:42 AM)txc1500 Wrote: Degrees will most likely be conferred the week after graduation based on my experience.

Ok that works. I'm thinking as long as I get everything submitted by June 1st, I should be good with a 7/1 start with WGU so that gives me hope. Thank you!
Did you get an email from Nancy or Lisa that you've hit all the requirements? If so, they'll get it done for you...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-06-2024, 11:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you get an email from Nancy or Lisa that you've hit all the requirements? If so, they'll get it done for you...

Sorry I'm late,

Yes Nancy and Lisa confirmed that I met all requirements. Now I was awaiting the degree to hit my transcripts for WGU. As of today it shows a Degrees award section which I assume is progress. But I'm trying to start by 7/1 so I'm just eager. Thank you!
The following was included in an end-of-term email from the Registrar to all Pierpont students this morning: 
Pierpont Registrar Wrote:Conferral of Degrees
While grades are available, we are still in the process of conferring degrees.  This process usually takes about two weeks to complete.  If you need to submit a transcript with your degree showing, please ensure your degree has been posted (via ROAR) prior to submitting your transcript request.  We will send an email to the graduates when the conferral process is complete, so keep a close eye on your email.

Diplomas
Diplomas do take some time to print and mail.  If you graduated and don't receive your diploma by June 30, please notify the Office of the Registrar via email at registrar@pierpont.edu.  Please note that USPS delivery times vary.

Seems like May 2024 Pierpont graduates will need to wait another week or two for their degrees to be conferred and recorded on their transcripts. Then, diplomas should show up a month after that.  
These timelines are significantly more drawn out than we're used to at other institutions, such as TESU. However, it's normal for Pierpont to take a while to get academic records processed.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Update: as of today, my BOG AAS is now recorded as an awarded degree with a date of May 10, 2024
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Congratulations
In progress: HAU MBA (1 class left) Completed: BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@jch, Awesome, you've got all your undergrad studies done! Wow, what's up next for your new educational journey?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-21-2024, 05:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @jch, Awesome, you've got all your undergrad studies done! Wow, what's up next for your new educational journey?

Thanks. ASU Thunderbird Certificate for now. Potentially going to try to scrounge up some other grad credits as well and roll everything into a Master's at ASU. Had the chance to visit ASU's Downtown Phoenix and Tempe campuses last month and was very impressed by my Thunderbird tour.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lisa Phillips & Nancy Parks - Pierpont Contacts tensen 11 3,521 07-23-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sample Transcript from Pierpont Needed Heath 7 515 07-18-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 21 2,169 07-18-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pierpont BOG -Missing 2 classes Dheerajsyz 4 235 07-17-2024, 05:27 PM
  Pierpont Area of Emphasis question Hackingat40 3 241 07-16-2024, 11:10 PM
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 23 1,743 06-28-2024, 09:50 AM
  Pierpont Areas of Emphasis rachel83az 16 5,600 06-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: LouisDG89
  Pierpont possible while at another university? marcelor78 5 533 06-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: marcelor78
  Pierpont to UMPI - When to apply? nyrsimon 8 472 06-19-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 40 5,730 06-13-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn