Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
(08-18-2020, 12:15 PM)DeanLewis Wrote: I will say this, Nancy Parks is no longer the head of the BOG program/department. However, she and the assistant registrar, and the admissions folks are the only people who seem to reply. Nancy Parks was brought in to my application, when the current head of the program never answered a single email, even when initiated by other staff at the school. 

The first steps are simply to apply to the college and then get admitted. Reach out to admissions and let them know that you are wanting to apply to the BOG AAS, and they will send you another application to fill out and send back. From this point, or ideally, as soon as you apply to the school, start sending transcripts. Electronically the best address is admit@pierpont.edu. It takes quite a long time for their process of evaluation to take place, but you can keep track of what they have applied to your record by going to "My Pierpont" (accessible at https://www.pierpont.edu/portal ) and then accessing their student record system ROAR and navigating to Student --> Student Records --> Academic Transcript. That said, getting my credentials set up involved several emails and two phone calls with their student support center. 

When you have come close to meeting the requirements, or submitted all of your transcripts, reflecting 60 hours (with 12 regionally accredited hours) and a 21 hour division to include 6 hours in communications, 6 hours in math/science, 6 hours social sciences, and 3 hours in computer literacy (note: they don't accept the CLEP available in this area), request an application to graduate from your advisor and submit it.

This is all great info, Dean.  Many thanks!

Not for anything, but another recent Pierpont BOG grad mentioned in a post that Nancy Parks was back on the BOG program.  Could it be that she is just pitching in for whatever reason?  She's been mentioned in other posts as very helpful to other BOG folks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • novadar
Went ahead and applied to Pierpont for the degree. Free is good. Crossing my fingers that it's relatively painless.
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl, GizmoJack, novadar
(08-18-2020, 04:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Went ahead and applied to Pierpont for the degree. Free is good. Crossing my fingers that it's relatively painless.

Good luck with that, Rachel.  I have a relative for whom this is sort of a Hail Mary for a college degree.  I'm dying to know what the course requirements and equivalencies are.  The Gen Ed requirements seem relatively leinent..."English and Communications" and "Math and Sciences".  They do have an ILR, but if there's a WER, I haven't found it.

Anyway, you have some of the same courses my relative hopes to have, so please keep us posted!
(08-18-2020, 06:01 PM)ctcarl Wrote: Good luck with that, Rachel.  I have a relative for whom this is sort of a Hail Mary for a college degree.  I'm dying to know what the course requirements and equivalencies are.  The Gen Ed requirements seem relatively leinent..."English and Communications" and "Math and Sciences".  They do have an ILR, but if there's a WER, I haven't found it.

Anyway, you have some of the same courses my relative hopes to have, so please keep us posted!

Yeah, it looks good, but we'll see. I haven't quite finished English Comp II from Sophia and I'm wondering if that's an issue with Pierpont. (Obviously, I will be finishing it either way.) But I do have Foundations of English Comp and English Comp I as well as other possibly-communications classes from Sophia.
(08-18-2020, 06:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, it looks good, but we'll see. I haven't quite finished English Comp II from Sophia and I'm wondering if that's an issue with Pierpont. (Obviously, I will be finishing it either way.) But I do have Foundations of English Comp and English Comp I as well as other possibly-communications classes from Sophia.

I'm hoping they might accept something like "Visual Communications" and "Foundations of English Comp" or "Visual Communications" and "Public Speaking" for the Communications requirement, and maybe two Science courses or one Science and Foundations of College Algebra for the Math/Science requirement.
Incidentally, the registration is not intuitive. You have to register for a new account with a different site in order to apply to Pierpont. The form for the registration/application process is a little weird. For instance, there is one question (I don't remember which section this was in) that the form specifically states is for WV residents and then gets upset when you don't answer. The joys of technology!

The registration process then kicks you to some generic account page and I couldn't figure out where to go from there. I went back to the Pierpont site, clicked on the application link again, and this time chose to log in rather than to register. Everything went fine from there.

After applying, I sent them a copy of my ASU transcript with the shiny new credits and my Sophia transcript through Parchment. We'll see if they accept Sophia this way or if they need an ACE transcript instead. The ASU transcript was picked up by Pierpont within about 30 minutes; that was pretty fast. The Sophia one is still waiting on Sophia to approve it.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • alfredor, jch
(08-19-2020, 05:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: After applying, I sent them a copy of my ASU transcript with the shiny new credits and my Sophia transcript through Parchment. We'll see if they accept Sophia this way or if they need an ACE transcript instead. The ASU transcript was picked up by Pierpont within about 30 minutes; that was pretty fast. The Sophia one is still waiting on Sophia to approve it.

You'll want to go ahead and forward an ACE transcript. Becuase they didn't accept my the Information Systems CLEP exam, I had to do a computer literacy course through Sophia (it was free). I submitted via parchment and it was not accepted. Submitted immediately thereafter on an ACE transcript and it was added without issue.
"After applying, I sent them a copy of my ASU transcript with the shiny new credits and my Sophia transcript through Parchment. We'll see if they accept Sophia this way or if they need an ACE transcript instead. The ASU transcript was picked up by Pierpont within about 30 minutes; that was pretty fast. The Sophia one is still waiting on Sophia to approve it."

When my son went through this process, my son's transcripts were received very promptly but WEEKS went by without any word on his credit evaluation.  He had to really email everyone he had the email address for, for someone to get the process going so that he could register for a second 8 week class in October and he applied in July.  He took the 1 hr Career Exploration class and it was excellent
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(08-19-2020, 09:52 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: "After applying, I sent them a copy of my ASU transcript with the shiny new credits and my Sophia transcript through Parchment. We'll see if they accept Sophia this way or if they need an ACE transcript instead. The ASU transcript was picked up by Pierpont within about 30 minutes; that was pretty fast. The Sophia one is still waiting on Sophia to approve it."

When my son went through this process, my son's transcripts were received very promptly but WEEKS went by without any word on his credit evaluation.  He had to really email everyone he had the email address for, for someone to get the process going so that he could register for a second 8 week class in October and he applied in July.  He took the 1 hr Career Exploration class and it was excellent

Hi hsfamfun,  I see in your signature your son's age is 20.  Was he more than 2 years removed from High School completion when he applied? I am curious how hard and fast that rule is for enrollment.  Thanks!
Do we need to submit vaccine report?

All students born after January 1, 1957 are requested to submit immunization records with proof of the Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR) vaccination prior to the start of classes.

The following immunizations are strongly recommended for all students enrolling at Pierpont, MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Meningococcal vaccine, Polio series, Tetanus-Diphtheria- Pertussis (Td and aP or Tdap within the past five years), Hepatitis A Vaccine, Hepatitis B Series, and the Varicella Vaccine (or history of chicken pox).
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 477 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 158 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 892 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 685 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 781 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 759 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,044 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,737 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,375 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP