Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
I thought I'd start a thread just for Pierpont. They seem a little more flexible than the other BOG associates options, so I've decided to give it a shot. I thought it would be useful to have a single thread just for Pierpont discussion.

https://pierpont.edu/ac/programs/board-governors

First off, they only require Intermediate Algebra, not College Algebra.
Second, there is the possibility of 'areas of emphasis' within the AAS (not sure if the other WV schools also offer this option).

As far as I can tell, all I need to do to meet the course requirements is take a second TEEX computing course, to bump the credit hours past two, which I've started. I emailed Professor Parks and asked about all-ACE credits vs the 12 credit residency requirement, and she replied that an appeal can be made after the credits are evaluated.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Notgodot's post:
  • SDO
Waiting for my evaluation too.
TESC BSBA in progress

CLEP
American Gov., Analysing and Interpreting Lit., Freshman College Comp., German, His. of US I, His. of US II, Humanities, Info Sys. & Comp. App, Intro to Bus Law, Intro to Psy., Intro to Soc., Natural Sciences, Prin. of Accounting, Prin. of Macroeconomics, Prin. of Management, Prin. of Marketing, Prin. of Microeconomics, Soc. Sci. & History, Western Civ. I, Western Civ. II

DSST
Bus. Law II, Criminal Justice, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Fund. Of Counseling, Here's to Your Health, Human Cultural Geog., Intro. to Law Enforcement, Prin. of Supervision, Western Europe Since 1945, Advanced Principles of English Composition, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management

UExcel / ECE
College Writing (B), Business Ethics (B)

TECEP
Networking Technology

ALEKS
Business Statistics, College Algebra

Saylor
BUS210: Corporate Communication (70)

Davar Academy
FIN 301 Introduction to Finance (85)

Sophia
Project Management
JamesIE Wrote:Waiting for my evaluation too.

I applied today as well! I am currently taking the TEEX courses as well. When I emailed today Professor Parks said they would accept the CLEP Comp. Also, Did you have to send in a high school transcript or did it get waved? I hate to have to order from my school because it takes ages for them to send out a transcript. I feel with the level of college work done it could be waived
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

I've not sent a HS transcript. I did have a Community College transcript from 20 years ago sent.
Ok, I haven't attended anywhere yet but I'll see if it can be waived.
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

I applied there, too. Don't they require a immunization record? At the moment, I'm so unorganized and don't even know where mine even is. I know I got a ton of vaccinations when I went away for bootcamp. Anyway, I'm coming up to my 10 year Td booster and I didn't even realize it.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Brownie82 Wrote:I applied there, too. Don't they require a immunization record? At the moment, I'm so unorganized and don't even know where mine even is. I know I got a ton of vaccinations when I went away for bootcamp. Anyway, I'm coming up to my 10 year Td booster and I didn't even realize it.

I saw that, but I have to believe that's only for students who will be attending classes in person. I'll be sending in my ACE and AP English next week, as soon as the second TEEX shows up on my ACE transcript. Once I do, I will email Professor Parks and report back what she says.

Bumping the thread abit. Anyone have anymore news on this?

teacher2 Wrote:Bumping the thread abit. Anyone have anymore news on this?

My second TEEX computer course is taking longer get than expected... I forgot how mind-numbing the setup is. But the plan is still in place for me: finish it, get it on my ACE transcript, send it and my AP English scores to Pierpont. Probably won't have much to report for a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to everyone else's experiences in the meantime Smile

Notgodot Wrote:My second TEEX computer course is taking longer get than expected... I forgot how mind-numbing the setup is. But the plan is still in place for me: finish it, get it on my ACE transcript, send it and my AP English scores to Pierpont. Probably won't have much to report for a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to everyone else's experiences in the meantime Smile

I am in the same boat 😀 Working thru the second teex course. Taking a little bit because I find computers so boring!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 1 41 4 minutes ago
Last Post: cro-magnon
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 489 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 163 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 892 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 694 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 784 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 765 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,046 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,737 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares