Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont to UMPI Delay Issue
Hello everyone!

My brother whom I have created a degree plan for just submitted his credits for his Pierpont Information Systems degree. 

The goal was to get that and then move on to UMPI and get a B.S. in Project Management. 

As it stands, he only has six Study.com classes to go before being able to start at UMPI.

The Pierpont degree won't get conferred until next May, as we got confirmation from Nancy today. He doesn't want to delay his studies, so could he start at UMPI when he is ready and then have UMPI change his degree from a BLS into a B.S. once the Pierpont degree gets conferred?

The plan is for him to spend two semesters at UMPI, planning to start in March.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
I honestly haven't heard of anyone doing a BAS recently. My friend braven tried, and he found it'd be a longer path for him and it was just easier to do the regular BLS with a minor. He has the pierpoint AAS too
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Mr T, ss20ts
(11-25-2022, 06:33 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Hello everyone!

My brother whom I have created a degree plan for just submitted his credits for his Pierpont Information Systems degree. 

The goal was to get that and then move on to UMPI and get a B.S. in Project Management. 

As it stands, he only has six Study.com classes to go before being able to start at UMPI.

The Pierpont degree won't get conferred until next May, as we got confirmation from Nancy today. He doesn't want to delay his studies, so could he start at UMPI when he is ready and then have UMPI change his degree from a BLS into a B.S. once the Pierpont degree gets conferred?

Thank you,
Hello.  After re-reading other posts here and an email I received while in the Your Pace program, I don't believe that the Bachelor of Applied Science is necessarily available in the Your Pace program.  I would not plan on that as being an option.  BLS or BA are the options.
(11-25-2022, 09:59 PM)Mr T Wrote: Hello.  After re-reading other posts here and an email I received while in the Your Pace program, I don't believe that the Bachelor of Applied Science is necessarily available in the Your Pace program.  I would not plan on that as being an option.  BLS or BA are the options.

The BAS degree isn't part of YourPace, but if an UMPI degree can be completed using transferred credits along with YourPace courses, YourPace students have been approved to complete those degrees, even if the degrees are not officially YourPace degrees. I was approved for the BAS because I had a lot of IT-related credits, but most students don't have 40 credits in a "technical field," at least not as defined by YourPace advisors. This is the worksheet that needs to be filled out: Bachelor_of_Applied_Science_BAS.pdf (umpi.edu)
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 09:59 PM)Mr T Wrote: Hello.  After re-reading other posts here and an email I received while in the Your Pace program, I don't believe that the Bachelor of Applied Science is necessarily available in the Your Pace program.  I would not plan on that as being an option.  BLS or BA are the options.

The BAS degree isn't part of YourPace, but if an UMPI degree can be completed using transferred credits along with YourPace courses, YourPace students have been approved to complete those degrees, even if the degrees are not officially YourPace degrees. I was approved for the BAS because I had a lot of IT-related credits, but most students don't have 40 credits in a "technical field," at least not as defined by YourPace advisors. This is the worksheet that needs to be filled out: Bachelor_of_Applied_Science_BAS.pdf (umpi.edu)
Thanks - great clarifying info on the form, and the 40 credits in technical field. Good to put this here  thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr T's post:
  • origamishuttle
(11-25-2022, 06:33 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Hello everyone!

Thank you,

He doesn't need the Pierpont degree to be accepted into UMPI. He can apply right now for the BABA with Project Management Concentration or the BLS with Project Management Minor. Why wait until March? Why is he taking 6 classes on Study?

(11-25-2022, 11:48 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: The BAS degree isn't part of YourPace, but if an UMPI degree can be completed using transferred credits along with YourPace courses, YourPace students have been approved to complete those degrees, even if the degrees are not officially YourPace degrees. I was approved for the BAS because I had a lot of IT-related credits, but most students don't have 40 credits in a "technical field," at least not as defined by YourPace advisors. This is the worksheet that needs to be filled out: Bachelor_of_Applied_Science_BAS.pdf (umpi.edu)

I had well over 40 credits in Business Administration on my transcripts and an AAS and was still denied entry into the BAS. Business Administration is one of the technical fields listed on UMPI's website for acceptance into the BAS. YourPace has cracked down on the BAS. There were a few people who got it that the university has now said they shouldn't have been allowed. Filling out this worksheet isn't going to do anything. It's the same as the form for every other degree. It's just a list of which courses go where and what you need to complete. Filing this out won't get one into the BAS.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Mr T, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 3 129 1 hour ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 96 8 hours ago
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 226 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 248 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 122 04-19-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,467 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,427 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 462 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 339 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 313 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP