Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont-to-WGU woes
Feels like another day, another difficulty when it comes to me getting started at WGU.

So, my BoG AAS degree from Pierpont was conferred earlier this month. I had my final official transcript sent to WGU, and that transcript reflected the fact that the degree had been awarded--that's the main thing that I was concerned about, as WGU grants block transfers for earned associate degrees (and there have been posts on this very forum about people getting that same degree transferred successfully to WGU).

WGU received my Pierpont transcript, but it shows up on my Enrollment Portal as "Invalid - Other," and after speaking to someone in the Enrollment department and leaving a message on the applicants board, it seems it was marked as such because it only lists credits I transferred into Pierpont and none that I'd earned there. As we all know (and as WGU should know), though, that's kind of the point of the BoG degree. I just want them to see that I earned the degree (will take care of most, if not all, of my remaining Gen Ed credits) and the Information Systems emphasis (might take care of a few LL core courses but it's fine if it doesn't).

I'm speaking to my enrollment counselor early next week. I'll keep everyone here posted as to how I get this worked out (and how long it takes).
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 1 user Likes raekwon's post:
  • lynnii2
Did you send transcripts from all your other sources as well like ACE?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-22-2022, 04:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Did you send transcripts from all your other sources as well like ACE?

Sure did. No issue with those.
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
Spoke to my Enrollment Counselor today and explained the BoG program in detail (they weren't familiar with it off-hand). They took notes on everything I said and took it to the Transcripts Department, and my Pierpont transcript has now moved from "Invalid - Other" to "Received" status. Good news so far.

I'll update again when I get my evaluation back. (Especially now that the program I'm entering is changing.)
Update: SUCCESS! All gen-eds are taken care of. Also, WGU apparently does not count a BoG AAS w/ an Information Systems emphasis as an "Associates Degree in Information Technology." (I knew that it was a long shot, but I was hoping.)

I'll do a fuller write up on this later, since the last Pierpont-to-WGU thread was a while ago, but for now, I've attached my transcript eval.

Attached Files
.pdf   raekwon-pierpont-to-wgu-eval.pdf (Size: 33.85 KB / Downloads: 170)
[-] The following 11 users Like raekwon's post:
  • Alec311, indigoshuffle, jsd, Life_One, lynnii2, mariobros1985, nyjosh, rachel83az, Sunnshyne79, tsgreer, VGFsirius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont AAS to WGU natshar 5 2,139 04-30-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: msllaneous