Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan check and advice (TESU)
Hi guys, after about 7 months of work this is what I have completed so far. I am going for the TESU BSBA in Marketing. Everything listed below is on my academic evaluation in the spaces as specified. The business capstone has already been completed as well. Please let me know if I should ask to have anything moved around or if anyone has advice on credits to fill in the blanks. Or if you have any concerns with my evaluation.

On another note I also have the 2 free Sophia credits, foundations of statistics also from Sophia, and cooking from onlinedegree done they just have not been reflected on my evaluation yet. I am aware that the foundations course most likely will not be allowed as it is considered remedial. 

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills: (15cr)
ENG- 101 (CLEP)
ENG- 102 (CLEP)
3. Presentation Skills in the Workplace (Study.com)
5.Library Science (Study.com

B. Civic & Global Learning: (9cr)
1. Cultural Anthropology (Straighterline)
2. Business Ethics (Study.com

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures: (9cr)
1. Introduction to Psych (Straighterline)
2. Introduction to Sociology (Community College)
3.Introduction to Philosophy (Straighterline)

D. Understanding the Physical & Natural World: (4-7cr)
1. Nutrition (Straighterline)

E. Mathematics (3cr)

General Education Electives: (17-20cr)
1. Introduction to World Religions (Straighterline)
2. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit (CLEP)
3. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit (CELP)

PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS (36cr)
1. Financial Accounting (Straighterline)
2. Managerial Accounting (Straighterline)
3. Business Law (Study.com)
6. Principles of Management (Study.com)
 Principles of Marketing (Study.com)
12.BUS-421 (TESU)

AREA OF STUDY: MARKETING (18 units)

1.Marketing Research (Study.com)
2.Consumer Behavior (Study.com)
Digital Marketing    (TESU)
Principles of Selling   (Study.com)
5.Hospitality Marketing (Study.com)

FREE ELECTIVES (6 units)
1. Medical Terminology (Straighterline)

Interesting...Hmm... you can always use the Beginners Guide Post #16,17,27/28 to review my spreadsheet...
Basically, It's got all you're looking for in the BSBA and recommended providers of StraighterLine and Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-10-2018, 02:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting...Hmm... you can always use the Beginners Guide Post #16,17,27/28 to review my spreadsheet...  
Basically, It's got all you're looking for in the BSBA and recommended providers of StraighterLine and Study.com

I have actually been using one of your spreadsheets extensively. Thank you so much for all the input and advice you have given. Smile
Cooking and 1 of the Sophia courses will go into Free Electives, the other Sophia will go into Gen Ed Electives.

If you're looking for Study.com courses, here are my suggestions:

I would take BUS 109 Intro to Computing, and then BUS 104: Info Sys & Computer Apps - one can go in your Core, and the other in Sciences. Lots of overlap there.

I would take BUS 120: International Business

I would take BUS 113: Business Comm, although it's long. You might opt to take BUS 324 instead if you don't mind a paper/project.

Then, for your last Marketing course, I would either do Retail Merchandising or E Commerce because they're LL and don't have a project; or Applied Marketing because it's very short, and only has 1 project/paper to do; or Global Marketing. There will be a bunch of overlap with the other courses you've done, so pull them all up on your study.com account before deciding. Make life easy on yourself!

If the Stats course you took doesn't come through, then take the Stats course; it should be fairly easy for you at this point. Then, see which course has more overlap and fewer lessons remaining; Precalculus Algebra or Quat Lit.

Take Micro and Macro econ before Finance.

I think that's all I've got.

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-10-2018, 04:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Cooking and 1 of the Sophia courses will go into Free Electives, the other Sophia will go into Gen Ed Electives.

If you're looking for Study.com courses, here are my suggestions:

I would take BUS 109 Intro to Computing, and then BUS 104: Info Sys & Computer Apps - one can go in your Core, and the other in Sciences.  Lots of overlap there.

I would take BUS 120: International Business

I would take BUS 113: Business Comm, although it's long.  You might opt to take BUS 324 instead if you don't mind a paper/project.

Then, for your last Marketing course, I would either do Retail Merchandising or E Commerce because they're LL and don't have a project; or Applied Marketing because it's very short, and only has 1 project/paper to do; or Global Marketing.  There will be a bunch of overlap with the other courses you've done, so pull them all up on your study.com account before deciding.  Make life easy on yourself!

If the Stats course you took doesn't come through, then take the Stats course; it should be fairly easy for you at this point.  Then, see which course has more overlap and fewer lessons remaining; Precalculus Algebra or Quat Lit.

Take Micro and Macro econ before Finance.

I think that's all I've got.

Good luck!

Wow lots of great info thank you! I will take a look into retail merchandising, I had no idea that would come in as a marketing course. I've been working on intro to computing and just saw all the overlap into bus 104. And I will definitely look into bus 113 and 324.
Thank you so much for your input!
For your missing Gen Ed/Pro Business Requirements, I suggest taking the "cheap/easy/fast" options from StraighterLine.
If they are not offered by StraighterLine, then select the ones from Study.com as it would be almost as "cheap/easy/fast".

Remember StraighterLine is open book for everything but the final exam, and the final exam is worth roughly 30%.
Study.com may have assignments/projects, it depends if you would like to work on these projects or not, final is ~33%.

4. College Algebra (ALEKS)

3. Civic Engagement - American Government (StraighterLine)

2. Intro to Environmental Sciences (StraighterLine)

E. Mathematics (3cr)
1. Business Statistics (StraighterLine)

AREA OF STUDY: MARKETING (18 units)
6. Check any LL/UL MAR you haven't taken and take the final one from Study.com
Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

FREE ELECTIVES (6 units)
2. Any credits from the FREE courses such as NFX, Sophia, TEEX would be fine for 6 credits here.

Note: You must take College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis and a Stats course, so don't deviate from either of those courses.
If ALEKS is kicking your butt, switch to Study.com and finish the two required courses, or if you want, take Biz Stats at SL.

(09-10-2018, 09:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For your missing Gen Ed/Pro Business Requirements, I suggest taking the "cheap/easy/fast" options from StraighterLine.
If they are not offered by StraighterLine, then select the ones from Study.com as it would be almost as "cheap/easy/fast".

Remember StraighterLine is open book for everything but the final exam, and the final exam is worth roughly 30%.
Study.com may have assignments/projects, it depends if you would like to work on these projects or not, final is ~33%.

4. College Algebra (ALEKS)                                                  

3. Civic Engagement - American Government (StraighterLine)

2. Intro to Environmental Sciences (StraighterLine)

E. Mathematics (3cr)
1. Business Statistics (StraighterLine)

AREA OF STUDY: MARKETING (18 units)
6. Check any LL/UL MAR you haven't taken and take the final one from Study.com
Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

FREE ELECTIVES (6 units)
2. Any credits from the FREE courses such as NFX, Sophia, TEEX would be fine for 6 credits here.

Note: You must take College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis and a Stats course, so don't deviate from either of those courses.
If ALEKS is kicking your butt, switch to Study.com and finish the two required courses, or if you want, take Biz Stats at SL.
I actually took American gov through SL and did not pass, I received a 69% and retaking the first exam will not work to bump up my score. (I've tried) Will TESU still take the credit?
TESU only takes courses that are 70% or higher from StraighterLine/Study.com or any other ACE/NCCRS provider. There is no option for them to take your 69% and give you credit, and ACE will not recommend it for credit either. What you can do is go back into the course and list the % you have for each exam/midterm/final. If I guess correctly, you failed the final.

How do you know retaking the first exam can't bump up your score? Did you already have 100% for that exam? StraighterLine rounds to the nearest %. So the 69% you referenced could be a range from 68.6% to 69.4%, what does it show when you get into your course and view the details?

If you can, ask them to allow a retest for the Final or whichever % that's low, or in fact, retest for a couple of them to get you past that 70%. It's up to StraighterLine to bump you up to 70% or higher, you must get to that 69.6% to have them round up... For me, I barely passed a few finals, but never had lower than 76% on any of my courses.

If they do not round up for you or don't allow you to retest the midterm/final, then you'll have to find an alternative. Try Study.com's American Government course or Saylor.org's options. For SL, you must make sure you're close to passing the course BEFORE you hit the final as everything is open book until that point.

Oh, another option is to retake the entire course at StraighterLine for $59, it can be $9 if you can find a workable coupon in the SL coupon thread. Because you're so close to passing, it should be easier the second time around. If you retake the course, you start from scratch from that course and everything gets reset.

I have never had to do this, in fact, my only retake for the first exam is because I had an issue with Survey of World History. I passed the course with a 78%, but it showed 0% for the first exam and showed it wasn't completed. I had to get them to reset that exam, and after I got 100%, it still showed 78%... I recommend Mcgraw-hill courses over Acrobatiq or anything else they offer.

The three Acrobatiq courses I took were significantly different and the formatting wasn't as user-friendly. None the less, Survey of World History (HIS-127) did its job for my general education and the Fundamentals of IT transferred in as CIS-107 for the CIS course required for the BSBA. Whatever you do, do not take the Acrobatiq Intro to Stats, it's a killer course as it's calculus-based, I ended up with a 65%, take the Business Stats as it's algebra based instead where I passed with an 85%!

The nice thing with Study.com is that there is quite a bit of overlap at times, and Am Govt/PoliSci is one of those. Take AmGovt there, and then PoliSci will fit in GE Electives.

Then do your core courses, and then find things that have overlap. All you have to do is pull up similar courses (make sure you get ones that are credit-bearing) and see how much is already completed. It's how I would do it if starting from scratch. It's what I would recommended to friends starting with very few credits as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I happened to chat with TESU admissions online today. They say they accept 'upto 90 credits' from ACE. Does this mean the last 30 credits has to come directly through TESU? I was under the impression that only the Cornertsone and Capstone courses need to be completed through them?

Hi.
I have attached a Word Doc with the TESU Course requirements for BA-Psychology. Please could someone review it and let me know where can I find suitable online and cost-effective options for each of those requirements? What would be the course equivalents on Saylor, Straighterline or Study.com? 

I live in India and we have a very different education system here. So, I am a total beginner to all this. Please could someone help me understand what specific courses must I complete in order to meet these requirements and where can I find them? 

I was planning to take all of the Math and Science related courses (there are about 5 in each section) on Aleks for 20 $ a month. But I now see that might not be required? What would the General Ed Requirements be? ENG 101 and ENG 102? And for Quantitative Literacy? 

If I have a GED College Ready + Credit score, where can I use those credits? Which course requirements would they fulfill? Also, is a GRE General test worth anything? I happened to attempt it a few months ago and scored 318, with a 4.5/6 on the written section. As I come from India, I had to complete the TOEFL as well. I scored 117/120 with a 30/30 on the Listening and Writing sections. Would any of this help? 

I would be very grateful if someone could help me find my way through this seemingly complex maze.

Attached Files
.docx   TESU- BA Psychology.docx (Size: 11.35 KB / Downloads: 5)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 29 1,790 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 3 96 11 hours ago
Last Post: abriden
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 371 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,030 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 157 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 519 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 316 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,057 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 4 292 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,270 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211