Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan check and advice (TESU)
(09-11-2018, 07:29 AM)Supermind Wrote: I happened to chat with TESU admissions online today. They say they accept 'upto 90 credits' from ACE. Does this mean the last 30 credits has to come directly through TESU? I was under the impression that only the Cornertsone and Capstone courses need to be completed through them?

Hi.
I have attached a Word Doc with the TESU Course requirements for BA-Psychology. Please could someone review it and let me know where can I find suitable online and cost-effective options for each of those requirements? What would be the course equivalents on Saylor, Straighterline or Study.com? 

I live in India and we have a very different education system here. So, I am a total beginner to all this. Please could someone help me understand what specific courses must I complete in order to meet these requirements and where can I find them? 

I was planning to take all of the Math and Science related courses (there are about 5 in each section) on Aleks for 20 $ a month. But I now see that might not be required? What would the General Ed Requirements be? ENG 101 and ENG 102? And for Quantitative Literacy? 

If I have a GED College Ready + Credit score, where can I use those credits? Which course requirements would they fulfill? Also, is a GRE General test worth anything? I happened to attempt it a few months ago and scored 318, with a 4.5/6 on the written section. As I come from India, I had to complete the TOEFL as well. I scored 117/120 with a 30/30 on the Listening and Writing sections. Would any of this help? 

I would be very grateful if someone could help me find my way through this seemingly complex maze.

When TESU said they accept "up to 90 credits from ACE", they meant up to 90 from a single provider.  In example you could earn 90 credits through Study.com then also earn more ACE credits through SL (Straighterline) or other ACE provider. So you can earn all through ACE, expect the Cornerstone and Capstone as you believed.  Edit: Appears this degree does have a few courses that cannot be obtained (currently) through ACE or other alternative credit method - see JSD page link below.

JSD has kept the wiki page up to date for the BA in Psychology, I suggest you look at that and then create a new thread to keep your questions as it applies to you together; especially since you are not in the U.S. things may need to be adjusted - here is the page: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...1st,_2015)

I cannot assist you in regards to the international aspect of your planning; but there are others here who cam (we have numerous international degree seekers here).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks so much allvia. If you feel it is going to be difficult to find ACP's for the Psychology stream, I am happy to choose any other stream as well. At this moment, the most cost effective and speedy options are what I am looking at. Once I have a degree, I could always consider getting an undergraduate certificate in Psychology. Apparently, the certificate programs only require 18 credits. That's what the TESU official told me over live chat.
(09-11-2018, 09:02 AM)Supermind Wrote: Thanks so much allvia. If you feel it is going to be difficult to find ACP's for the Psychology stream, I am happy to choose any other stream as well. At this moment, the most cost effective and speedy options are what I am looking at. Once I have a degree, I could always consider getting an undergraduate certificate in Psychology. Apparently, the certificate programs only require 18 credits. That's what the TESU official told me over live chat.

If your objective is simply to obtain a Bachelor Degree from TESU in any area, then you may want to look at the BALS - it is the most flexible as far as credit options: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

This is great. And I see that Psychology is one of the electives for the 18 credit concentration. I might be able to find online options to meet those requirements. Thank you so much. In just 24 hours, I have already found much guidance and support here.

How does one earn online credit for Oral Communication? Do we record something and send it over? What course options are available for that?
I finished a few more credits and wanted to add to my template. Does anyone know what Health 101 from Study.com and Humanities CLEP will come in as? I have completed them both. I am still waiting for my onlinedegree class to be added to my evaluation. Along with my free Sophia classes and Sophia stats class.
Do you guys think I should apply for December graduation? Or should I just wait till March?

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills: (15cr)
1.ENG- 101 (CLEP)
2.ENG- 102 (CLEP)
3. Presentation Skills in the Workplace (Study.com)
5.Library Science (Study.com

B. Civic & Global Learning: (9cr)
1. Cultural Anthropology (Straighterline)
2. Business Ethics (Study.com

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures: (9cr)
1. Introduction to Psych (Straighterline)
2. Introduction to Sociology (Community College)
3. Introduction to Philosophy (Straighterline)

D. Understanding the Physical & Natural World: (4-7cr)
1. Nutrition (Straighterline)
2. ?

E. Mathematics (3cr)

General Education Electives: (17-20cr)
1. Introduction to World Religions (Straighterline)
2. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit (CLEP)
3. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit (CLEP)
6.?
7.?

PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS (36cr)
1. Financial Accounting (Straighterline)
2. Managerial Accounting (Straighterline)
3. Business Law (Study.com)
6. Principles of Management (Study.com)
7. Principles of Marketing (Study.com)
8. International Business (Study.com)
9. Business Communication (Study.com)
10.Intro to Computing (Study.com)
12.BUS-421 (TESU)

AREA OF STUDY: MARKETING (18 units)
1.Marketing Research (Study.com)
2.Consumer Behavior (Study.com)
3.Digital Marketing (TESU)
4.Principles of Selling (Study.com)
5.Hospitality Marketing (Study.com)

FREE ELECTIVES (6 units)
1. Medical Terminology (Straighterline)
Health is a free elective, Humanities 101 comes in as HUM-101 - so GE Electives at this point.

For your final marketing course, I recommend Global Marketing (TESU) since there is some overlap with International Business.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Your Study.com Health 101 is your final Free Elective course. The Humanities CLEP will take up credits in your General Education.
The two free Sophia courses are extra, they'll go into the "other" field of your evaluation. I don't know what the OnlineDegree.com course you've taken, let's just assume it goes into the "other" field as well.

This is my recommendation (just re-read my posts #2,6 and 8), complete current Study.com courses and PAUSE the membership.

1) Signup for StraighterLine membership for $49 (coupon here, tomorrow is last day!): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ode-9SL50P

2) StraighterLine: Retake American Government, then take the following (finish it in 1 month):
Intro to Environmental Sciences, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

3) Sign up for ALEKS to complete your College Algebra and while you're at it, complete Trigonometry

4) Reinstate Study.com and complete the remainder of the required courses through them
You need a final Marketing course - I recommend Study.com BUS202 Intro to E-Commerce
If it's not your flavor, BUS 303 Global Marketing or BUS 308 Applied Marketing

I think you're one of the "lucky ones" who passed the Strategic Management TECEP right? I did too!!
Don't rush things, apply for March graduation is the safer bet. I will PM you more info - stay tuned.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-23-2018, 10:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your Study.com Health 101 is your final Free Elective course. The Humanities CLEP will take up credits in your General Education.
The two free Sophia courses are extra, they'll go into the "other" field of your evaluation.  I don't know what the OnlineDegree.com course you've taken, let's just assume it goes into the "other" field as well.  

This is my recommendation (just re-read my posts #2,6 and 8), complete current Study.com courses and PAUSE the membership.

1) Signup for StraighterLine membership for $49 (coupon here, tomorrow is last day!): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ode-9SL50P

2) StraighterLine: Retake American Government, then take the following (finish it in 1 month):
Intro to Environmental Sciences, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

3) Sign up for ALEKS to complete your College Algebra and while you're at it, complete Trigonometry

4) Reinstate Study.com and complete the remainder of the required courses through them
You need a final Marketing course - I recommend Study.com BUS202 Intro to E-Commerce
If it's not your flavor, BUS 303 Global Marketing or BUS 308 Applied Marketing

I think you're one of the "lucky ones" who passed the Strategic Management TECEP right?  I did too!!
Don't rush things, apply for March graduation is the safer bet.  I will PM you more info - stay tuned.

I actually took the Business Capstone course. I wish I did the TECEP
tobyisking Wrote:I actually took the Business Capstone course. I wish I did the TECEP

That's alright, a few members took the course as well.
(Yes, I took the Penn Foster course for transfer and TECEP for fun!)

Anyways, just to get your $$ worth from TESU...
I will PM you in regards to this...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 125 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,844 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 277 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 555 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 410 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 17 1,020 03-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 341 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM