Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
things kids said/did
How about if we start a thread with cute or funny things a kid said or did? Anyone?

I saw this in a magazine once so you might know it but its adorable! A little girl notices her mother has a few white hairs so she asks her mother why she has them.
Her mother says, "every time you do something wrong, or make me upset I get a white hair." The girl thinks for a moment and then says, "How come ALL of grandma's hair is white?"

A friend was babysitting my sisters and she saw a really cute picture on the table of one of the kids. She said to one of them your parents must really adore this picture. No said the child they hate it. Why do you say that? she asked. Cuz I heard them say they want to blow it up!

My cousin told her 4 yr old brother he could eat his supper or go fly a kite... he started crying that he doesn't have a kite...

I was substituting for a 1st grade class this past year we were doing a "fun" sheet. We had to circle the things that were real as opposed to fake. One of the fake pictures was a bird that was reading a book. When i got up to that picture I said "can birds read?!" all the boys shouted out NO! one boy then called out "but then how do they use twitter..... ??????" I was shocked but I was laughing so hard!

My 2 year old cousin is being toilet trained and he's very into when he becomes a big boy. When hes back to wearing a diaper he says he became a baby. So i was painting my nails, and he asked if he could have some. I said no your a boy, its only for girls. So he said that when he becomes a girl, he'll start wearing some LOL

A couple of years ago, my mother was packing my sister up for camp and I took my-then 3 year old sister out of the house so that she could get some work done. After taking her for ice cream, I decided to buy my mother a birthday present since it was only days away. I was very conscious however, that as a child, my little sister could easily give away the secret. So on the way home I trained her:
"Sarah, when we get home and mommy asks us what we did, you say 'we got ice cream' and nothing else. If she asks you what we did after that, say 'nothing' okay?"
And I practiced being my mother, always ending with "and then what did you do?" to hear her response "nothing".
It was perfect.
When we walked in the door, my mother asked what we did. My sister answered, "We got ice cream". Step A, complete.
Apparently however, my mother wasn't THAT interested, and she went back to packing.
My sister persisted though,
"Mommy, now you ask me what we did after that!"
Not exactly according to plan Wink

We told our sister that God is up in heaven.
When she was four, we were flying in a plane. As we were approaching the destination, the captain got on the intercom to announce that we were landing soon. My sister, hearing a voice from nowhere, asked "Is that God talking?"

Do none of you have anything funny your kids/siblings said???
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
I remember when my nephew aged about 5 or 6 about 15 years ago asked his mother how old she was. When she replied with her age (about 35 at the time), he answered "Far out!, that's when the dinosaurs were around". I thought it quite funny..so did she.
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Once when my extended family was on vacation, my mother took my daughter to the pool. My daughter was one of those kids that never wanted the fun to end. If she was having fun swimming, nothing could make her leave. Not hunger, not other plans, etc. She calls my mother Mima and my mother in law Grandma. So Mima is having a very hard time corralling my screaming, crying daughter, plus the beach bag, pool toys, towels, etc. A security guard approaches and asks if she can help. The security guard then tries to reason with my daughter and says something like, "Be a good girl and go home with your grandma". My daughter, in between sobs, screams, "She's not my grandma!"
The security guard uses her nightstick to bar my mom from getting near my daughter. When my mom tried to explain that her other grandma is grandma, and she is Mima, the security guard said, "Step away from the child!".
Security had to come to our villa and ask me to go to the pool area and confirm that my mother was, in fact, who she said she was, lol.
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
When I was a senior in high school, my boyfriend had a little sister who was in kindergarten. His mother was overweight and had an exercise bike in the living room. The littler sister (Amy) asked her mom how long it would take to lose weight. Answering a child, the mother told her that if she were to ride the bike every day, she would begin to see a difference in a few weeks. That answer should have been enough to satisfy a child, but Amy looked at the bike and then her mother multiple times and simply said, "You should have started a long time ago!" Out of the mouths of babes!!!!!!
griffinalice29 Wrote:We were out shopping at the mall when we saw a small girl crying lost and alone. So we went to the mall manager and asked him to make an announcement. The kid was smart and knew everything like her mom and dad’s name, almost everything. The girl insists that she will come with the announcer, so the manager said fine.
The announcer started: Ladies and Gentlemen we have a lost girl. Her name is Katy and she says she is the daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Miller.
Just then the girl jumps and shout: No no, I am not lost, my mom and dad are lost.
The whole crowd burst into laughter.
hilarious kids are soooo cute!
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
I thought this was funny so I thought I'd share it. A friend of mine's little 5 or 6 year old sister went up to their grandma and randomly, out of the blue, was like, "Grandma, when I'm 16 you'll be like....like....dead." hilarious
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
My 4 year old dd was in the living room when this stupid commercial came on.

2011 Arby's Commercial - YouTube

At the line, "We all look the same nude." my dd pipes up with, "That's not true! Doesn't she know girl's don't have peewees?!"
hilarious
Thanks Arby's :toetap:
M.
Mom of 11

Graduated 6, still home educating 5

Credits from CC classes:
eng 1113 freshman comp 1
eng comp 2
pos 1113 american fed gov't (political sci.)
spa 1103 spanish 1
bio 2123 human ecology
his 1493 american history civil war era - present
phi 1113 intro to philosophy
soc 1113 intro to sociology
total credits 24 hours
gpa 3.12

purpleteen Wrote:How about if we start a thread with cute or funny things a kid said or did? Anyone?

I think there should also be a thread on stupid things adults say or do. hilarious
I have been running into alot of idiots lately asking me stupid questions (although my quote states that there are no stupid questions). But I shouldn't say that, maybe they sincerely just don't know.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb How to make screen time useful for kids? drArret8 2 466 01-03-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Gen Z in the workforce - 3 things.. bjcheung77 20 2,040 03-28-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teacher surprises kids with mirror trick! bjcheung77 0 477 06-23-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finding Pictures of Odd Things Thread Vle045 17 1,350 04-19-2022, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Training Honey Bees and Rats for amazing things... bjcheung77 0 527 01-11-2022, 01:56 PM
  Kids Idea Tank Alpha 0 776 04-02-2021, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  MathLand Full Version - Math for the kids! (Google Play) bjcheung77 0 928 12-04-2020, 03:37 PM
  Question for Techies: Best Things to Learn amilitab4k9 12 2,690 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Chinese Families Paying to Get Their Kids into Elite, American Colleges sanantone 22 3,153 05-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Kids Who Watch Sesame Street Perform Better in School sanantone 4 1,384 03-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone