Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Double Major - COSC or TESU?
Good Morning!

I've been exploring my options as far as school and starting to learn to doing a double major. I know itll take longer and cost more but I've learned I really enjoy self study and have always enjoyed learning. Admittedly I didn't really consider it until I saw that some schools wont permit 3rd degrees.

I'm curious which school would be better for this both as far as process and cost?

Edit: Right now I'm considering psych and business.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
COSC has a double major program (they are both BS degrees so that's what it's called there). You can have up to 9cr duplicate (so like Org Theory and I/O Psych or something like those): https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre..._major.php

TESU calls it a Simultaneous degree: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/award-of-degrees

Can't find anything on EC, I'm sure it's there.

My only piece of advice; start on one degree, with the pre-req's med for the 2nd; that way, if life happens, at least you're on your way to or even done with 1 degree. It's easier to finish that first degree and then start on the 2nd, then to be halfway done with both but not close to the finish line with either.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, Kylana
To clarify what dfrecore is saying, TESU DOES let you have two majors in one degree, but only if the degrees are of the same type. Since you'd be doing a BSBA (Business) and a BA (Psych), it would be two degrees and the requirements would be a bit different.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Thanks! Thats great adviceSmile

I applied to COSC to see how many of my older credits would transfer and it looks like about 80 credits will but I have a few prereqs that I want to get done with SL first and explore TESU a bit more as well before committing to one.

Thanks for the clarification, looks like Charter Oak may be my best bet then.

(05-14-2019, 10:43 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: To clarify what dfrecore is saying, TESU DOES let you have two majors in one degree, but only if the degrees are of the same type. Since you'd be doing a BSBA (Business) and a BA (Psych), it would be two degrees and the requirements would be a bit different.

Actually, I linked to a page that clarified it for me.  For those 2 specific degrees the OP asked about, it's called a simultaneous degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 1,318 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  Information Technology major with a concentration on game development purduestudent 13 1,053 02-28-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 935 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,541 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,842 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,323 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Places to park electronics + computer PLA credits (BOG AAS + TESU AAS) xicovu 17 1,562 09-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  COSC - RA credits for general studies degree Antonella 5 961 09-20-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Workload at Excelsior & TESU clarissa23 4 1,094 06-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore