Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for Micro CLEP - study questions
As I've posted in another thread, I've been studying pretty hard (or so I think) for the Microeconomics CLEP I have scheduled for this Friday. I have been studying for about 3.5 weeks now. Initially, I perused through a college Micro textbook and took a bunch of notes. It seemed time consuming but I didn't mind learning the material. Last week, I began using Instacert and also Peterson's. While I am scoring in the high 60's on average with IC, I am having difficulty with the Peterson's mock exams. I studied some more this afternoon and really thought I had a decent handle on the material (esp. since my IC scores were good) but when I went to do test 3 in Peterson's, I only got a 45. :mad: Granted in reviewing a few questions, I made some silly mistakes so perhaps I 'could' have gone over 50 (need a 50 to pass) but I was SO frustrated to see a 45! Also, the Peterson's exam seems a bit harder than the IC questions. Is that typical? It really seems like I've pounded this stuff in my head but perhaps not to the depth of getting a higher score with Peterson's. Any suggestions as I count the days to the CLEP on Friday? If I review my notes and IC, will I be okay with the lower score in Peterson's?? Help!?
swthing64 Wrote:As I've posted in another thread, I've been studying pretty hard (or so I think) for the Microeconomics CLEP I have scheduled for this Friday. I have been studying for about 3.5 weeks now. Initially, I perused through a college Micro textbook and took a bunch of notes. It seemed time consuming but I didn't mind learning the material. Last week, I began using Instacert and also Peterson's. While I am scoring in the high 60's on average with IC, I am having difficulty with the Peterson's mock exams. I studied some more this afternoon and really thought I had a decent handle on the material (esp. since my IC scores were good) but when I went to do test 3 in Peterson's, I only got a 45. :mad: Granted in reviewing a few questions, I made some silly mistakes so perhaps I 'could' have gone over 50 (need a 50 to pass) but I was SO frustrated to see a 45! Also, the Peterson's exam seems a bit harder than the IC questions. Is that typical? It really seems like I've pounded this stuff in my head but perhaps not to the depth of getting a higher score with Peterson's. Any suggestions as I count the days to the CLEP on Friday? If I review my notes and IC, will I be okay with the lower score in Peterson's?? Help!?

swthing,

I usually find Peterson's mocks to be MORE difficult than the real thing. My actual scores are always a bit higher than my Peterson mock scores.

However, your score is right on the borderline between passing and failing. I would spend the next few days mastering the Instantcert material. Know it inside and out (answers as well as the questions).

Three days is more than enough to get you to the place where you need to be to pass this exam.

Study hard and focus on Instantcert until Friday.

Best of luck to you,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:swthing,

I usually find Peterson's mocks to be MORE difficult than the real thing. My actual scores are always a bit higher than my Peterson mock scores.

However, your score is right on the borderline between passing and failing. I would spend the next few days mastering the Instantcert material. Know it inside and out (answers as well as the questions).

Three days is more than enough to get you to the place where you need to be to pass this exam.

Study hard and focus on Instantcert until Friday.

Best of luck to you,
Snazzlefrag

[SIZE="3"]I concur, Peterson's do have more of a challenge and if you can do OK with them you should be more than OK to sit the real thing. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 424 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 264 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 227 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 744 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,338 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 508 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,333 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore