Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with webcam study.com proctor need help?
(04-10-2018, 06:54 PM)fork Wrote: I tried to ask that but the person I was chatting with didn't have a very good command of English. I eventually gave up trying to communicate with them, thanked them and left the chat. Supposedly they're going to send me an email with instructions on what to do.

Hoping for the best! Keep us posted.

The ID bit of it always gives me anxiety. They should maybe keep a scanned copy to compare it to
(04-10-2018, 02:38 PM)fork Wrote: I took the final exam for the personal finance class but when I did it the image for my ID was blurry. It's not surprising since the webcam I have has never focused on things that were put up close to it. I proceeded with the exam but when I asked the proctor about it they said I would have to retake the photo. 

I asked if I could send them a scanned image of my ID and they insisted it be taken with a webcam even though I told them repeatedly that the webcam I have will not do a close-up focus on anything. They just told me to get another webcam. I have no idea what webcam to get that will take a clear image of an ID placed as close as they want it to the camera. 

Currently I have the Microsoft Lifecam Show. It's a nice webcam unless you want to put something up close then it's just a blur. There's no focus or zoom buttons or rings on the camera itself so there's no way to adjust it that I'm aware of.

If anyone knows of a cheap webcam that will take quality images up close like they want, can you post or send me a link? Thanks.

Since Study.com does not do live proctoring - I have to ask for clarification.  If I'm reading what you wrote correctly - you reached out to the proctor (support via a text box, not webcam) at the end of the exam and have submitted it, and are now waiting for the official word on pass/not pass.  And that Study.com did not reach out to you after the proctoring evaluation (which can take a week or more).  I ask because it is possible that what you think was not very clear, will be 'clear enough' to them when they evaluate the exam video.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

They sent me my grade so I assume the photo was no problem for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fork's post:
  • allvia
I bought a Logitech C270 at Walmart for about $25. I noticed it didn't autofocus when I tried to take pictures of my ID. After watching a YouTube tutorial, I took apart its casing and with its software running, adjusted its aperture ring until it had a relatively clear shot of both sitting in my chair and my ID up close to the lens. I took four Study.com proctored tests with it, all of which were approved.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
I find that sometimes it helps to put the ID real close to the webcam so it sort of can't focus on anything else, then slowly back off. higher light helps too

my webcam is nothing special, i bought it at walmart. if you keep having problems i would just suggest you go get another one, they're only about $20 or whatever
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 7 206 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,524 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,642 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,446 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 375 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,049 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,926 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 598 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 318 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue