Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Purdue Global BS IT - End of first term
Good day everyone,
I am currently planning to apply for the BS IT Excel Track.
I have a question: Which courses can I choose:
100/200 LevelArts and Humanities Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelScience Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelSocial Science Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelGeneral Education Elective
if I choose from saylor like following:
· Arts & Humanities - Art Appreciation
· Science - Introduction to Mechanics
· Social Science - World Regional Geography
· General Education - Business Law
will it be ok? or are there other requirements?
I just want to finish possible free credit courses before starting my application.

will it be ok?
Saylor is not recommended because it takes a long time to do versers Sophia, and there is a high risk of failing courses. However, you can try some courses and see how you do. BUS402: Project Management is a course you need to take or get the CompTIA A+ certification. So I would do Project Management first. 

Here is the equivalent list for Saylor courses:
https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit/p...ty-global/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-28-2022, 06:02 AM)Yestai Wrote: Good day everyone,
I am currently planning to apply for the BS IT Excel Track.
I have a question: Which courses can I choose:
100/200 LevelArts and Humanities Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelScience Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelSocial Science Requirement 5,
100/200 LevelGeneral Education Elective
will it be ok? or are there other requirements?
I just want to finish possible free credit courses before starting my application.

will it be ok?

If you can afford Sophia, it is preferable to Saylor. Here are the transferrable courses there: https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
@Yestai, I would highly recommend Sophia.org if you're looking to complete your general education requirements for transfer into the BSIT ExcelTrack option. You should also create another thread with the info in this template and the details of the last post addendum. This will give us more info on your situation so we can better guide you through. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Clockworkhammer, if you have some time, some of us might be curious how your term is going?

Did they let you start the capstone? How is that going? Did you finish the other courses?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-29-2022, 06:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Clockworkhammer, if you have some time, some of us might be curious how your term is going?

Did they let you start the capstone? How is that going? Did you finish the other courses?

I finished the last course module on June 20, a little over a month from end of term.

They did allow me to start the Capstone as there is a live seminar every week of the 10-week term. I was able to do course modules and the Capstone in parallel. 

The Capstone consists of 10 Units, one per week. Each weekly unit involves assignments, a live seminar and participation in discussion forums. 

As of now, 6 Capstone units are complete with 4 more to go. Almost there!
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
[-] The following 3 users Like ClockworkHammer's post:
  • carrythenothing, LevelUP, origamishuttle
(06-29-2022, 10:00 AM)ClockworkHammer Wrote: I finished the last course module on June 20, a little over a month from end of term.

They did allow me to start the Capstone as there is a live seminar every week of the 10-week term. I was able to do course modules and the Capstone in parallel. 

The Capstone consists of 10 Units, one per week. Each weekly unit involves assignments, a live seminar and participation in discussion forums. 

You are able to take another course along with your Capstone? Interesting! My husband was not allowed to do this. He had to have all of the courses for his BS in Analytics ExcelTrack completed prior to beginning the Capstone. HIs Capstone was similar to yours.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ClockworkHammer, origamishuttle
(06-29-2022, 10:00 AM)ClockworkHammer Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 06:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Clockworkhammer, if you have some time, some of us might be curious how your term is going?

I finished the last course module on June 20, a little over a month from end of term.

Great job! Could you give an idea of what the Capstone Units are like? What topics do you go through?
(07-06-2022, 05:43 PM)9yeire Wrote:

Great job! Could you give an idea of what the Capstone Units are like? What topics do you go through?

It's a 10-week individual project, one unit per week. You choose from a selection of IT scenarios related to the program. Could be building a website or expanding a computer network, etc. Each week you have a live seminar, participate in mandatory online discussions and submit assignments. The assignments are standard project management documents such as Project Charter, WBS, etc. The assignments could be in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or even an audio recording. The assignments follow the lifecycle of a project, so you start with a project charter and end with a project archive. I found it very useful and relevant. If you know Project Management, then it will come easier to you. Hope that helps.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClockworkHammer's post:
  • 9yeire
(07-06-2022, 05:57 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 05:43 PM)9yeire Wrote:

It's a 10-week individual project, one unit per week. You choose from a selection of IT scenarios related to the program. Could be building a website or expanding a computer network, etc. Each week you have a live seminar, participate in mandatory online discussions and submit assignments. The assignments are standard project management documents such as Project Charter, WBS, etc. The assignments could be in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or even an audio recording. The assignments follow the lifecycle of a project, so you start with a project charter and end with a project archive. I found it very useful and relevant. If you know Project Management, then it will come easier to you. Hope that helps.
What will your total cost be?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 201 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 653 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 47 6,930 01-10-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: bornsupercharged
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,296 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  umass global b20 9 1,692 10-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Completion of PUG IT Excel Track in One Term - Capstone Duration Inquiry AdamLunar 11 1,043 09-27-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Perdue Global BSIT SD/Web pluggingalong 1 371 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Purdue Global BS IT Software Development projects pluggingalong 13 1,314 09-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Purdue University Global - BA IT Bunch of Changes LevelUP 15 1,347 07-16-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 944 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77