Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: DANTES Tests
What is the test format? Is it electronic or written? About how many question are on the tests? Do you really have to wait 2 weeks to fine out how you did?

Thanks for your time and assistance!!
Where I take Dantes they are paper and pencil
Same here, paper/pencil, and the scores took about 3 weeks to arrive in the mail.
Bama Wrote:What is the test format? Is it electronic or written? About how many question are on the tests? Do you really have to wait 2 weeks to fine out how you did?

Thanks for your time and assistance!!

Hi Bama,

As others have stated, DANTES are pencil and paper exams. They give you a test booklet, a separate answer sheet, and usually some blank scratch paper. You mark the answer sheet by darkening the appropriate circles (A through E, but I think only A through D are used).

In general, DANTES exams have approximately 100 questions. However, some exams have fewer questions and some exams have more questions.

I just took Management Information Systems which had, if I remember correctly, 89 questions. I also took Drug & Alcohol Abuse which had 106 questions.

The exams are untimed (although I have heard some people mention that their test center allowed 90 minutes to complete the exam).

The test center mails your answer sheet back to DANTES HQ in New Jersey. It normally takes two to three weeks to get your score back in the mail.

Personally, I hate having to fill-in all those bubbles (even your name, address, zip code, and SS# etc., all have to be entered by filling in those darn bubbles). I love that the exams are untimed, but I detest the waiting period before I get my results.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi Bama,

As others have stated, DANTES are pencil and paper exams. They give you a test booklet, a separate answer sheet, and usually some blank scratch paper. You mark the answer sheet by darkening the appropriate circles (A through E, but I think only A through D are used).

In general, DANTES exams have approximately 100 questions. However, some exams have fewer questions and some exams have more questions.

I just took Management Information Systems which had, if I remember correctly, 89 questions. I also took Drug & Alcohol Abuse which had 106 questions.

The exams are untimed (although I have heard some people mention that their test center allowed 90 minutes to complete the exam).

The test center mails your answer sheet back to DANTES HQ in New Jersey. It normally takes two to three weeks to get your score back in the mail.

Personally, I hate having to fill-in all those bubbles (even your name, address, zip code, and SS# etc., all have to be entered by filling in those darn bubbles). I love that the exams are untimed, but I detest the waiting period before I get my results.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag

Thanks, I appreciate it!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,140 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,313 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 608 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 534 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 724 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,191 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 943 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 811 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 927 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,378 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda