Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about TESC, ACE, and transfering hours
I sent my transcripts to TESC and I received them. I need about 30 hours. I was planning on using Straighterline and Penn Foster for my Homeland Security Degree.

Any suggestions on getting this done easier/more economical?

Where does ACE come into play?

So if I take a class at Straighterline and pass it what's next? Do I send it to ACE to start a transcript there? I confused on how all of this works. What if I take the course and TESC accepts it now but a year from now they don't accept it. Am I grandfathered in? My previous college was 20 years ago.

Jason
This is what I did for COSC. Passed the class and waited 24 hours after completing the final. Looked through the site and found the mailing and email addresses for where to send the transcript. In MyLine, there is a section for Request Transcript. Entered my info, selected mailed and emailed transcript, selected course I wanted to send, entered school info and submitted. Took just under 7 days for it to show up in my advising portal at COSC.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Quote:I sent my transcripts to TESC and I received them. I need about 30 hours. I was planning on using Straighterline and Penn Foster for my Homeland Security Degree.

Any suggestions on getting this done easier/more economical?
Could you specify in which areas the 30 hours are needed (i.e. Area of Study, Free Electives, etc)?

Quote:So if I take a class at Straighterline and pass it what's next? Do I send it to ACE to start a transcript there? I confused on how all of this works. What if I take the course and TESC accepts it now but a year from now they don't accept it. Am I grandfathered in? My previous college was 20 years ago.
You can send your StraighterLine credits to ACE. However, you do not need to send an ACE transcript to TESC unless you have ACE credits from other sources, too. Instead, you can request a free transcript from StraighterLine to be sent directly to TESC.
As long as you've transferred the course credits successfully to TESC and this is reflected in your transcript, you should be grandfathered into any changes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Quarter to Semester Hours shadowgem 8 2,050 08-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: shadowgem
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,958 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,969 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,795 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,588 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,997 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98