Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question how to study for exam
Hi, this semester is a struggle for me. This professor was  not good to provide study tip and he provide me the wrong information about the midterm exam.  He told me I will get 20 multiple choice and two exercises, on the test I got 50 multiple choice. I really need some help how to pass this course. I don't know how to study for this class.  He is a horrible professor. The class is managerial accounting. My last two semesters, I was lucky I got a good professors tip and study guide and I got A's.
Missouri State university MBA in process
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
NEXT: In Future Ph.D in ???

There are a few things I do when I take my courses. Read chapters, make own notes, review summaries.
1) Read the chapters and make my own "Coles Notes" version of what I don't understand.
2) I create my own study materials for each class just to make sure I know those points
3) I also review chapter summaries before I go through the exams/midterms

It's hard to say, each person is different, I just looked up my StraighterLine courses and I took a few of their Accounting courses.

1) Accounting I - 93% - Same as TESU
2) Accounting II - 89% - Same as TESU
3) Financial Accounting - 91% - TESU Intermediate Accounting 1
4) Managerial Accounting - 79% - TESU Cost Accounting (UL)

That managerial accounting course was what got to me, I was like, what! Then I looked at the transfer guide and it was UL vs the rest was LL. I was like, no wonder it was a bit harder than the rest! Just keep plugging away at each course and make sure you understand the core concepts.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
Understand the concepts and formulas for every question you got wrong. So if you get another question that's similar, you can get it right.

Find good video explanations on YouTube for any concepts that are confusing or use a tutoring service. Some schools provide free tutoring.
Unsure about finishing second TESU degree. Graduate in June or Sept 2021?
First Masters complete. Working on another.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
Thank you for your tips. I am trying to communicate with the professor. I will be proactive to ask him directly. What thing I need to do? I could pass the class. I rent some book how to understand vs memorize without understanding the content
Missouri State university MBA in process
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
NEXT: In Future Ph.D in ???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Techies: Best Things to Learn amilitab4k9 12 646 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 1,952 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Question about resume Imbanewbie 8 707 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about mooc Imbanewbie 2 335 08-16-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 556 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 656 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  CompTIA A+ Question MrBossmanJr 6 616 08-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Question Regarding Resume Regards 33 2,511 06-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: icampy
  Specific Exam Feedback Access sonyidgt 0 323 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: sonyidgt
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 965 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock