Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Excelsior BSLA
I want to get my BSLA at Excelsior, here is what I have so far from sophia and one class from SNHU. Where could I get my UL, without writing papers and what other classes would you recommend to satisfy my remaining LL credit without writing papers.

Sophia:
Art History l
Art History ll
Calculus l
College Algebra
Developing Effective Teams
English Comp l
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To Ethics
Intro To IT
Intro To Nutrition
Intro To Statistics
Intro To Web Development
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Project Management
US History l
US History ll
Visual Communications

SNHU: Perspectives In Humanities
(04-05-2023, 04:03 PM)lonelySamurai Wrote: I want to get my BSLA at Excelsior, here is what I have so far from sophia and one class from SNHU. Where could I get my UL, without writing papers and what other classes would you recommend to satisfy my remaining LL credit without writing papers.

Sophia:
Art History l
Art History ll
Calculus l
College Algebra
English Comp l
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To Ethics
Intro To IT
Intro To Nutrition
Intro To Statistics
Intro To Web Development
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Project Management
US History l
US History ll
Visual Communications

All LL can be done w/o writing papers except English Comp II - EU doesn't take exams for that requirement, so you're out of luck.

UL can be done with no papers through Coopersmith - but only certain courses are accepted as Arts & Sciences, so you need to make sure you do the right courses before you plunk down money to take them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-05-2023, 05:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 04:03 PM)lonelySamurai Wrote: I want to get my BSLA at Excelsior, here is what I have so far from sophia and one class from SNHU. Where could I get my UL, without writing papers and what other classes would you recommend to satisfy my remaining LL credit without writing papers.

Sophia:
Art History l
Art History ll
Calculus l
College Algebra
English Comp l
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To Ethics
Intro To IT
Intro To Nutrition
Intro To Statistics
Intro To Web Development
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Project Management
US History l
US History ll
Visual Communications

All LL can be done w/o writing papers except English Comp II - EU doesn't take exams for that requirement, so you're out of luck.

UL can be done with no papers through Coopersmith - but only certain courses are accepted as Arts & Sciences, so you need to make sure you do the right courses before you plunk down money to take them.

Thank you, do you have any reccomendations on where else I can get LL other than sophia?
I've split your questions off into a new thread.

Study.com can be a good source of LL credits. They're more expensive than Sophia, but they have more A&S classes. Most of their LL classes require only quizzes and a final exam. A handful, including English Comp, also require assignments/essays. You need to check each class beforehand to see what it requires.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • lonelySamurai
Here's where everything you've taken goes:

Written English
English Comp l

Ethics/Humanities
Intro To Ethics
Art History l
Art History ll
Perspectives In Humanities

SocSci/History
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
US History l
US History ll

Math/Science
Calculus l
College Algebra
Intro To Statistics
Environmental Science
Intro To Nutrition

Free Electives
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To IT
Intro To Web Development
Project Management
Visual Communications

So you have met all of your requirements for each GE area.

For UL:
A&S (GE) - you need 21cr UL there, and 3cr will come from the Capstone, so 18cr to bring in
Free Electives - you need 9cr UL there, and 3cr will come from the Cornerstone, so 6cr to bring in.

For LL:
A&S (GE) - you need English Comp II
This will put you at 40cr taken + EC2 (3cr) = 43cr / then add the 21cr of UL = 64cr
Free Electives - you've taken 18cr / add the 9cr of UL = 27cr + Info Lit (1cr) = 28cr - so you need to take 28cr of anything EC will bring in
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(04-06-2023, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's where everything you've taken goes:

Written English
English Comp l

Ethics/Humanities
Intro To Ethics
Art History l
Art History ll

SocSci/History
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
US History l
US History ll

Math/Science
Calculus l
College Algebra
Intro To Statistics
Environmental Science
Intro To Nutrition

Free Electives
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To IT
Intro To Web Development
Project Management
Visual Communications

For UL:
A&S (GE) - you need 21cr UL there, and 3cr will come from the Capstone, so 18cr to bring in
Free Electives - you need 9cr UL there, and 3cr will come from the Cornerstone, so 6cr to bring in.

For LL:
This will put you at 40cr taken + EC2 (3cr) = 43cr / then add the 21cr of UL = 64cr
Free Electives - you've taken 18cr / add the 9cr of UL = 27cr + Info Lit (1cr) = 28cr - so you need to take 28cr of anything EC will bring in

Thank you!

(04-06-2023, 04:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I've split your questions off into a new thread.

Study.com can be a good source of LL credits. They're more expensive than Sophia, but they have more A&S classes. Most of their LL classes require only quizzes and a final exam. A handful, including English Comp, also require assignments/essays. You need to check each class beforehand to see what it requires.

Do you know which LL courses I could take from SDC that wouldn't duplicate my ones from sophia?
@lonelySamurai, I recommend creating a spreadsheet template of the requirements for reference and tracking purposes, you can then link us to your onedrive or google drive (make it viewable, not editable). I also recommend completing a few more courses on Sophia.org as they're the best option for your general education (English Comp II) and your remaining lower level electives. You can review the Sophia.org WIKI and see which courses you haven't taken yet. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-06-2023, 07:57 PM)lonelySamurai Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's where everything you've taken goes:

Written English
English Comp l

Ethics/Humanities
Intro To Ethics
Art History l
Art History ll

SocSci/History
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
US History l
US History ll

Math/Science
Calculus l
College Algebra
Intro To Statistics
Environmental Science
Intro To Nutrition

Free Electives
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To IT
Intro To Web Development
Project Management
Visual Communications

For UL:

For LL:

Thank you!

(04-06-2023, 04:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I've split your questions off into a new thread.

Do you know which LL courses I could take from SDC that wouldn't duplicate my ones from sophia?

There are literally too many to list.  It's pretty easy to figure out which duplicate what you've already taken at Sophia, so you may just want to check and see which ones you're leaning towards and then ask about those specific courses here instead.

The good thing about making the switch to SDC is that you can pick courses that have no papers.  There may be some at Sophia that don't have any papers either, I might try to do a few of those first since it's cheaper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(04-07-2023, 03:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 07:57 PM)lonelySamurai Wrote:

Written English
English Comp l

Ethics/Humanities
Intro To Ethics
Art History l
Art History ll

SocSci/History
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
US History l
US History ll

Math/Science
Calculus l
College Algebra
Intro To Statistics
Environmental Science
Intro To Nutrition

Free Electives
Financial Accounting
Intro To Business
Intro To IT
Intro To Web Development
Project Management
Visual Communications

For UL:

For LL:

Thank you!

There are literally too many to list.  It's pretty easy to figure out which duplicate what you've already taken at Sophia, so you may just want to check and see which ones you're leaning towards and then ask about those specific courses here instead.

The good thing about making the switch to SDC is that you can pick courses that have no papers.  There may be some at Sophia that don't have any papers either, I might try to do a few of those first since it's cheaper.

Thank you, I already completed all of the courses on sophia without papers. Who knows I might knock out some of these shorter essay courses on sophia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help, degree plan for Excelsior BS in IT LuisaKönig 5 477 01-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  WGU SE questions, pls & thx alfonsod 13 1,018 12-07-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 548 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Psychology or Liberal Arts with Excelsior University H31d1 6 484 10-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: H31d1
  UMPI BABA - Questions, Help Needed mram1 10 842 09-02-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cost of TESU vs. Excelsior TwinMom 13 1,283 08-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: turtlepuff1234111
  Please review my plan: Excelsior BS in Business (General Business) Sheet Included colonel 7 530 08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University UL courses hoffdeb 7 754 08-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Questions about tentative UMPI degree plan Dooj 13 1,170 06-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: ss20ts