Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about specific Study.com UL courses.
Hello! I'm working with my academic advisor at COSC to form a CPS in Management & Psychology. Has anybody taken any of the following classes *from study.com*, and if so, do you have any tips, recommendations, or advice? I've only taken RA and Sophia courses, so I'm curious about how these would go. Thank you! 

BUS 318: Management Ethics
BUS 323: Organizational Theory
BUS 313: Organizational Communication
BUS 302: Foundations of Leadership
PSY 306: Advanced Abnormal PSY
PSY 310: PSY of Personality
PSY 316: Social PSY
PSY 312: History & Systems of PSY

Also I have a second question. I would need to take one more UL course I believe, so can anyone recommend the easiest UL course to take on Sophia.org aside from these? I'm on track to graduate next spring and am very excited about it, thank you for your help! Big Grin
I'm studying at COSC and planning on graduating with a BS in Liberal Arts. So far I have completed:

Sophia: Accounting, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I, Art History II, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, English Composition I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Ethics, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History II, and Visual Communications. 

ASU Earned Admission: AST 111 Introduction to Solar Systems Astronomy, COM 100 Introduction to Human Communication, ENG 102 English Composition: Research and Writing, and CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology.

Study.com: BUS 302, BUS 312, BUS 313, BUS 318, BUS 323, PSY 306, PSY 310, PSY 312, PSY 316.

COSC: IDS 101 Cornerstone

Other RA credits transferred: HIS122, PSY101, FLN125, PHL220, ITE213

Up Next: ISB-498 & ISB-499 at COSC
The only Sophia course that is supposed to come in as UL at COSC is Project Management. I didn't like it, but I'm not really a management type. For what it is, it's relatively easy. I don't know if I'd have passed it if it had been from another provider.

Unfortunately, COSC doesn't take Coopersmith so that's out of the question. Straighterline only has LL classes. Saylor's only UL option for Charter Oak would be Software engineering.

There are several more possibilities on SDC if you're open to another course there. Employment law, small business management, advanced operations management, project management, industrial/organizational psychology. I have not taken these, I just see that they transfer to COSC as UL courses.

If you don't want another SDC course, your best option may be to take a TECEP because those count as RA credits. Several of the business/management TECEPs are UL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • daharamu
(08-16-2020, 04:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The only Sophia course that is supposed to come in as UL at COSC is Project Management. I didn't like it, but I'm not really a management type. For what it is, it's relatively easy. I don't know if I'd have passed it if it had been from another provider.

Unfortunately, COSC doesn't take Coopersmith so that's out of the question. Straighterline only has LL classes. Saylor's only UL option for Charter Oak would be Software engineering.

There are several more possibilities on SDC if you're open to another course there. Employment law, small business management, advanced operations management, project management, industrial/organizational psychology. I have not taken these, I just see that they transfer to COSC as UL courses.

If you don't want another SDC course, your best option may be to take a TECEP because those count as RA credits. Several of the business/management TECEPs are UL.

Hey, sorry, I made the mistake of not saying the courses were from study.com, and I edited it to specify courses *from study.com*. I'm curious what this site will be like compared to Sophia, and how these courses will be in particular. From what I can gather it's the best place to get UL credits, and my academic advisor recommended I take those courses from study.com. 

I took Project Management and although I thought it would be an UL course it appears to now be a LL course at COSC. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but it's listed as PM 1001 for me whereas Sophia originally listed it as a 400 level course at COSC I think.
(08-16-2020, 07:13 AM)daharamu Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 04:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The only Sophia course that is supposed to come in as UL at COSC is Project Management. I didn't like it, but I'm not really a management type. For what it is, it's relatively easy. I don't know if I'd have passed it if it had been from another provider.

Hey, sorry, I made the mistake of not saying the courses were from study.com, and I edited it to specify courses *from study.com*. I'm curious what this site will be like compared to Sophia, and how these courses will be in particular. From what I can gather it's the best place to get UL credits, and my academic advisor recommended I take those courses from study.com. 

I took Project Management and although I thought it would be an UL course it appears to now be a LL course at COSC. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but it's listed as PM 1001 for me whereas Sophia originally listed it as a 400 level course at COSC I think.

Hopefully you will get some help from someone who has taken those courses.  I took BUS-311 but most of my Study.com courses have been in computer science.  As far as BUS-311 went I found the lessons (I read instead of watching the videos because it is faster but if you are a visual learner the videos may be more helpful) were more than adequate to learn the material.  Knowing I would do reasonably well on the exam I didn't put much effort into the assignment.  If you feel you will not do well on the exam then put extra effort into the assignment and that will lower the passing score you need on the exam.  I am currently waiting for a new billing cycle to take my next exam and I only need 14/100 on it because of my quiz and assignment scores.  That is pretty low stress.

That is the other rule on SDC.  You get 3 tries to get 100 on the quizzes.  DO NOT screw that up or you are making the exam more critical to achieving a passing score.

Remember from a billing standpoint it is more economical to take more exams per month than only two so try to go as fast as you can and still pass.  If you really love the material and want to study it more later you can always pay $40 to do that.  Right now focus on getting credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • daharamu
(08-16-2020, 08:58 AM)tallpilot Wrote:

Hopefully you will get some help from someone who has taken those courses.  I took BUS-311 but most of my Study.com courses have been in computer science.  As far as BUS-311 went I found the lessons (I read instead of watching the videos because it is faster but if you are a visual learner the videos may be more helpful) were more than adequate to learn the material.  Knowing I would do reasonably well on the exam I didn't put much effort into the assignment.  If you feel you will not do well on the exam then put extra effort into the assignment and that will lower the passing score you need on the exam.  I am currently waiting for a new billing cycle to take my next exam and I only need 14/100 on it because of my quiz and assignment scores.  That is pretty low stress.

That is the other rule on SDC.  You get 3 tries to get 100 on the quizzes.  DO NOT screw that up or you are making the exam more critical to achieving a passing score.

Remember from a billing standpoint it is more economical to take more exams per month than only two so try to go as fast as you can and still pass.  If you really love the material and want to study it more later you can always pay $40 to do that.  Right now focus on getting credit.

This is all excellent advice, thank you very much for your help! Big Grin
(08-16-2020, 09:05 AM)daharamu Wrote:

You can complete all courses on the $60 plan and then submit the work and do exams on the $199 plan. This way you don't waste too much money and time studying with the expensive plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • daharamu
(08-16-2020, 03:47 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:05 AM)daharamu Wrote:

You can complete all courses on the $60 plan and then submit the work and do exams on the $199 plan. This way you don't waste too much money and time studying with the expensive plan.

I had no idea this was possible, I will definitely look into this. Thank you! Big Grin
I took BUS 323 Organizational Theory from SDC. I enjoyed it. I'm working towards a BSBA and some of the content overlaps with Principles of Management, so by the time I got to this class I had quizzes filled in, and the basic concepts overlap in general so it was easy enough to pick up. I enjoyed writing the paper. You have to analyze the org structure of a real or fictitious company, so I made up a company based on some of my past experience and wrote about it.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • daharamu
(08-17-2020, 01:20 AM)Muldoon Wrote: I took BUS 323 Organizational Theory from SDC. I enjoyed it. I'm working towards a BSBA and some of the content overlaps with Principles of Management, so by the time I got to this class I had quizzes filled in, and the basic concepts overlap in general so it was easy enough to pick up. I enjoyed writing the paper. You have to analyze the org structure of a real or fictitious company, so I made up a company based on some of my past experience and wrote about it.

BUS 323 Organizational Theory sounds like an interesting class. I think I'll look forward to it, cheers! Big Grin

Puzzled... how did you know you only needed 14/100 on the exam?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 160 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 991 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 708 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,488 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,633 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,303 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,904 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM