Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA psychology degree help
So my wife and I moved to a new city and during the same time I finally medicated my ADHD. After a few months of my brain being able to sort the shiny fun sounding things from things I’m genuinely interested in, I have seriously been considering finishing my degree to go on and study clinical psychology.
 I was looking at a school near me that offers a doctorate and clinical psychology and one of their requirements is a regionally accredited bachelors degree and at least 18 credits of psychology classes taught by the psychology department.  
Currently I am taking 12 credits through ASU‘s earned admissions but after that I’m a little unsure in which direction to go. Does anyone have advice on what they would do to get the regionally accredited degree and 18 credits of psychology classes taught by the psychology department. 
I’m basically starting from nothing I only have three credits from a sociology class that I took at one of my previous attempts. I did take a bunch of classes through Sophia but I don’t know if I could use those credits or if I should try to go all RA credits.
What kind of budget do you have?

Are you sure that they need to be actually-taught classes? Some schools would be okay with exams and others would not. For instance, there are two Psych TECEP exams and six UExcels; both of them have Abnormal Psych, making 21 credits of Psych that can be obtained via exam. The TECEPs are pass/fail, but the UExcels do give a letter grade.

Both EC and TESU have Psych degrees available. But, if you need classes (and not just exams), TESU might be marginally cheaper due to having flat rate tuition available.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
From your previous posts, you've been looking at ECE/Special Ed, BSN, English and now a Psychology degree.  We have very less information about you.  My suggestion for now, you should stop for a moment and review what I mentioned a few months ago here and complete your ASU/Sophia.org courses: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid348912

Furthermore, I have the same questions and reasons for asking these questions here.  So if you can provide me answers to this thread post, the better we will know of your current situation.  In fact, read the entire thread, my advice actually is to go the UMPI BAS with a Psych minor and a Walden Masters in Psychology combo to get you prepared for Doctoral studies...  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lan--39881
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
A Bachelors program in Psychology is one of the more common degrees to be offered online.  There are any number of ways to go about it.  It depends largely on your interest in testing out of as much as possible, or doing it selectively while you take courses somewhere or just take the courses.  What works for one works less well for another.
BA/BS in Psychology - Fort Hays State University - Fort Hays State University (fhsu.edu)
Consider a BSW as a stepping stone to an MSW.  The MSW is probably the most versatile Human Services degree around
Social Work - Bachelor of Social Work - Fort Hays State University (fhsu.edu)
(I just picked Ft. Hays as one example.  There are many others)
(03-19-2022, 03:15 PM)amomwholearns Wrote: So my wife and I moved to a new city and during the same time I finally medicated my ADHD. After a few months of my brain being able to sort the shiny fun sounding things from things I’m genuinely interested in, I have seriously been considering finishing my degree to go on and study clinical psychology.
 I was looking at a school near me that offers a doctorate and clinical psychology and one of their requirements is a regionally accredited bachelors degree and at least 18 credits of psychology classes taught by the psychology department.  
Currently I am taking 12 credits through ASU‘s earned admissions but after that I’m a little unsure in which direction to go. Does anyone have advice on what they would do to get the regionally accredited degree and 18 credits of psychology classes taught by the psychology department. 
I’m basically starting from nothing I only have three credits from a sociology class that I took at one of my previous attempts. I did take a bunch of classes through Sophia but I don’t know if I could use those credits or if I should try to go all RA credits.

My vote is a school with a Psych degree that's not too expensive, and has 30cr of residency.  So GGU's Aspire program allows 90cr of ACE and then you'd take the rest through them.  At $300/cr x 30cr, you're looking at $9000.  There are 18cr that must be done through them in the major, and 6cr that must be done in the GE, leaving you 6cr of electives - I'd do them in Psych.

There are other schools out there with similar requirements.  They'll all get you the same thing - 90cr transferred in, and 30cr of graded RA courses, most in your major.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 29 6,040 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 717 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,601 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 299 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 686 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 615 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 550 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 299 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 910 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,259 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM