Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RBA Degree at West Virginia University
(11-23-2020, 10:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:52 PM)Seagull Wrote: Can it be used in combination with Pierpont BOG AAS to fulfill the requirement?

Yes, so long as your credits amount to 24 from a combination of WV schools.

So, what that means is Pierpont BOG AAS requires you to do 12 credits (from any RA community college). WVU also requires 24 credits from any WV college or university. If you want to "move" 12 RA credits from Pierpont towards the 24 credits total, those RA credits used for the BOG AAG should come from the cheapest of the WV community colleges and not from TEL Learning/NMJC or any other non WV institution. In other words, you need to take at least 24 credits from a cheap WV college, 12 for the BOG AAS, and 12 more towards the RBA at WVU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good summary. But I believe WVU still only requires 6 UL of the 24 WV credits in house. I took only two film courses there.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(11-23-2020, 10:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:52 PM)Seagull Wrote: Can it be used in combination with Pierpont BOG AAS to fulfill the requirement?

Yes, so long as your credits amount to 24 from a combination of WV schools.

So, what that means is Pierpont BOG AAS requires you to do 12 credits (from any RA community college).  WVU also requires 24 credits from any WV college or university.  If you want to "move" 12 RA credits from Pierpont towards the 24 credits total, those RA credits used for the BOG AAG should come from the cheapest of the WV community colleges and not from TEL Learning/NMJC or any other non WV institution.  In other words, you need to take at least 24 credits from a cheap WV college, 12 for the BOG AAS, and 12 more towards the RBA at WVU.
Thanks,

A little confusing as 12 RA credits are already needed to obtain the BOG AAS, With that completed I assumed that shows I completed a WV community college. Making it eligible for the other program. Guess it doesn't work that way. Huh
That's not how it works, they need to look at where you've taken the courses, not where you transfer the courses to. I used TEL Learning/NMJC as examples above, those are RA credits, but it won't work as they're not from any WV community college. When you submit your transcripts to WVU, it'll indicate those weren't taken at Pierpont. It is an awesome program for those who have some WV community college credits... I would do a cost/energy/time analysis and see if the Big 3 or other competency based degree providers would be a better option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-24-2020, 12:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's not how it works, they need to look at where you've taken the courses, not where you transfer the courses to.  I used TEL Learning/NMJC as examples above, those are RA credits, but it won't work as they're not from any WV community college.  When you submit your transcripts to WVU, it'll indicate those weren't taken at Pierpont.  It is an awesome program for those who have some WV community college credits... I would do a cost/energy/time analysis and see if the Big 3 or other competency based degree providers would be a better option.
Thanks.
The WV ROCKS courses are at a reduced tuition. I’d look into those if you have Pell

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • staceydiane
I'm confused. Why get a liberal arts bachelor's degree when you already have a business administration bachelor's degree and are working on a master's?
(11-24-2020, 10:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I'm confused. Why get a liberal arts bachelor's degree when you already have a business administration bachelor's degree and are working on a master's?

No idea for the person you asked, but I'd consider getting a Lib Arts, History, or Psych BA just because of interest

Though I think a grad cert would be cheaper and more fun, so eh
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 248 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,336 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 272 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,052 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,088 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,694 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,505 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 354 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 764 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77