Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia | US Government
I've been trying to write the first Touchstone for US Government, Government in My Community, for the last four hours. I've looked and looked for something that I know about and can find sources to include. I've even asked Gemini and ChatGPT for ideas. I have read many articles but still can't come up with a topic. This assignment seems too subjective to write anything that would get a passing grade.

I think I'm asking what can I do about this, but I might be asking if I'm too dumb for college.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I bet you are overthinking it. I wrote mine about air pollution and how high levels can cause breathing issues for people. The assignment is more about researching who is responsible for this issue at different levels of government.
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
[-] The following 3 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • jch, kai1120, RachelB
I literally created a nonprofit government group called "Subsidizing Transportation Using Public Infrastructure Dollars" to advocate for free-fare bus transit options and made it obvious that my organization's name was S.T.U.P.I.D.

I still made a 99% LOL

Like the previous poster mentioned, they mainly want to know that you can do the research to justify your organization, who you should reach out to in government to achieve what it is you want, and that you understand what your organization can provide and ways you can afford to do it.

Best of luck!
[-] The following 3 users Like Gumbeaux's post:
  • ltw900rr, Pikachu, RachelB
LOL, you can add mine to make it 100% haha...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Gumbeaux
I got an 81 on the first essay, an 89 on the second essay, and an overall grade of 92. It took me 30 hours over 59 days to complete this course. While attempting the first essay I was struggling so much I looked at the CLEP American Government test and decided it was probably easier to continue with Sophia. The second essay was much easier but still took over five hours alone. If you are anything like me, be prepared for this class to take much longer than you've read about on this forum or elsewhere on the internet.
[-] The following 2 users Like bradonomics's post:
  • jg_nuy, RachelB
(04-17-2024, 11:41 AM)bradonomics Wrote: I got an 81 on the first essay, an 89 on the second essay, and an overall grade of 92. It took me 30 hours over 59 days to complete this course. While attempting the first essay I was struggling so much I looked at the CLEP American Government test and decided it was probably easier to continue with Sophia. The second essay was much easier but still took over five hours alone. If you are anything like me, be prepared for this class to take much longer than you've read about on this forum or elsewhere on the internet.

All that matters is that you finish it!!

Some people can fly through these courses, for others it takes a bit longer. I know when I compare the amount of time it takes me to finish a course, I am not the fastest, but I keep at it and get it done. The papers really slow me down, but I can breeze through the reading assignments, multiple choice tests, and short answer questions.

Everyone hass a different learning style, and may finish in a different amount of time, but the main focus is just to finish. For the price, Sophia is hard to beat!
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • jg_nuy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 362 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,498 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,325 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 657 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 941 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 217 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 363 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 242 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM