Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember Me?
I used to be pretty active here under the name alissaroot. I forgot my login. Dodgy Well, my son will soon be 13, and I thought it might be time to get back into it. Hopefully I can help him accumulate some College credit before he finishes high school. It's been 11 years, oh my god! I bet a lot has changed. Any tips to what I've missed? Hope to see some familiar names still around!
[-] The following 2 users Like alissalee's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, rachel83az
Hi Alissa!

When it comes to college subjects or studying or assessment style, what are some of your son's strengths, interests, not-strengths-yet, or not-interests-yet?
Right now sophia.org is offering all of their courses for free: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ay-3-19-20

I would hop on that opportunity first.

Also: Welcome Back!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
> . I forgot my login.

use google and chrome to remember your login and password

then go to https://passwords.google.com/ and you can find it
it will even tell you which passwords are weak and which have been compromised
Aren't you the one who got credit for GREs? If so, did you get credit for both psychology and literature? I''d like to hear more about that.

Depending on what path your son might choose - especially if he's thinking of schools which don't accept as many transfer credits - you might want to check out http://www.modernstates.org. There are lectures, quizzes and pdf texts - all free. They lecture on CLEP and AP topics. Once your successfully complete a course - this is measured by the quizzes and final - you get a free certificate for the exam. (Well, for the CLEP. I've only done that. I don't know how the AP part works.) You pay for the testing center fee (most centers closed down now), send in the testing center receipt, etc. and get reimbursed for the test. So, if your son passes, he gets a minimum of three credits accepted at most colleges for free.

Welcome back.
Yes, I finished my Psychology degree from Excelsior with a GRE. I took the Literature GRE as well, and was awarded credit for it at COSC, but then got distracted and never finished that degree.

I don't think Excelsior awards GRE credit anymore?

I'll definitely be checking out modern states, sounds like that's a go-to place these days. Thanks guys!

I'm so excited about Sophia.org!!! Thanks so much for pointing me there!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOJ says that Biden can't even remember when he was vice president LevelUP 5 513 02-10-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  If you're having a bad day, just remember what Bone Thugs-N-Harmony once said... LevelUP 0 451 09-16-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Memorial Day - Remember The Fallen ShotoJuku 0 680 05-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Can't remember the name of a Magazine nick94 0 705 06-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Last Post: nick94