Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System
Hey, there are several colleges and universities that are recommended, each of them have their own remote proctoring requirements for exams... Does anyone have a list somewhere?  I don't recall seeing a list or an option on some of their websites telling you exactly what system they use. I know that some competency based degree providers are similar to Sophia.org as they use Biometric identification systems (IP, geo-location, typing style, etc, in addition to the "honor system")

The ones I am looking for are the ones we talk about most and for exams such as TECEP, UEXCELS, etc:  For example: TESU uses ProctorU what about the rest of the schools on the list below?  I might be missing a few good schools that we talk about...  I am not referring to the course provider such as StraighterLine.

Ashford (now U of Arizona Global)
Brandman
Capella
COSC
Excelsior
Kaplan (now Purdue Global)

SNHU
Strayer
U of P (University of the People - not UoPX)
UoPX (You made me type this! err, why not just add this...)
UMPI
Walden
WGU

Oh, since I added UofPeople, why not add a couple or few more Nationally Accredited colleges
Ashworth College
Penn Foster College
Apollos University
Bottega University
Grantham University
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Strayer also uses ProctorU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
ASU ULC uses RPNow/PSI SoftwareSecure. They run it in an asynchronous mode, unlike the real-time monitoring employed by just about every other program. This means that you can take the exams at any time, without scheduling an appointment or waiting for a proctor to launch your exam. It is the fastest and easiest proctoring service that I have used, besides Sophia's "biometric system".
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az
This would be good to have a page on the wiki for, especially for those (e.g.. Outlier) which require the test-takers to allow full access and control to the proctor. For those with privacy concerns, it'd be helpful to know before spending the course fee, if the proctoring is going to be too problematic.

RPNow through ASU's EA I found to be a bit finicky with the wrong computer, and their tech support worse than useless, but once you've got it going, is perhaps he best of the lot. Asynchronous testing seems like such a no-brainer for asynchronous courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 829 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Software Engineer vs Data Engineer nomaduser 5 453 10-14-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Digital Nomad - Remote work in various countries bjcheung77 14 1,307 09-29-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: impasta
  ProctorU moving to new 'Guardian Browser' system jch 4 2,138 05-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: jch
  Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - Bachelor's degree in Software Development nyvrem 5 1,543 05-16-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  California Southern University is now a member of the AIU System PositiveSoul 5 1,947 12-28-2022, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Pappok