Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Methods
It appears that the course TESU requires to meet the Research Methods requirement for a Political Science BA is SOS-492. Two questions,
has anyone take this class and if so, how was it? Did you work a lot in R? 2)Has anyone taken any other course online that fulfilled this requirement? I see one that may work at Rio Salado. Also maybe at Purdue Global SS2290? (but I'm not at all familiar with either school). I really need some guidance on if there are ways to pick up this class, other than TESU or if I just need to take it there (local colleges don't offer the class or one that I think may be an equivalent).
I haven't taken the one you're talking about but when I did my History BA with TESU, I had to take Research Methods in History and I never could find it anywhere at a significant savings so I just took it from TESU directly. It was fine.

I'm taking a Psych degree from COSC and having to take Statistics for Psychology from them for the same reason. The "research" type classes seem specialized and hard to find so you might just have to bite the bullet on that one.

Good luck finding it from somewhere else though
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

If I were you I'd take at tesu if you take that plus that Capstone and cornerstone that's 9 credits. Get it to 16 credits at tesu and you avoid paying the waiver fee of 2800.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • akr680
(10-09-2019, 09:24 AM)natshar Wrote: If I were you I'd take at tesu if you take that plus that Capstone and cornerstone that's 9 credits. Get it to 16 credits at tesu and you avoid paying the waiver fee of 2800.

What if a person doing 2 degrees, will they allow 2 Capstone (BSBA & BS IT)?

2 Capstone
1 Cornerstone
2 more courses
------------------

I think they will accept a Research Methods in Psych for this requirement, you can ask:

Research Methods in Psychology (LL) - Study.com, Coopersmith
Research Methods in Psychology (UL) - UExcel

(10-09-2019, 11:04 AM)akr680 Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 09:24 AM)natshar Wrote: If I were you I'd take at tesu if you take that plus that Capstone and cornerstone that's 9 credits. Get it to 16 credits at tesu and you avoid paying the waiver fee of 2800.

2 Capstone
1 Cornerstone
2 more courses

They won't just "allow" 2 capstones, they will require both.  1 Capstone per degree, since they're in different "schools" within the university.

You'll have to take something else to get to 16cr, you're only at 15 with what you listed.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(10-09-2019, 01:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think they will accept a Research Methods in Psych for this requirement, you can ask:

2 Capstone
1 Cornerstone
2 more courses

They won't just "allow" 2 capstones, they will require both.  1 Capstone per degree, since they're in different "schools" within the university.

You'll have to take something else to get to 16cr, you're only at 15 with what you listed.
Thanks

2Ul credit courses for BSBA CIS (4+4) - 8
2 Capstone (3+3) - 6
1 CornerStone - 3

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
------------------

(10-09-2019, 01:37 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 01:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think they will accept a Research Methods in Psych for this requirement, you can ask:

2 Capstone
1 Cornerstone
2 more courses

Thanks

2Ul credit courses for BSBA CIS (4+4) - 8
2 Capstone (3+3) - 6
1 CornerStone - 3

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of any 4 credit courses at TESU that will work in the UL for the CIS
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • akr680
What courses are you looking at that are 4cr?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(10-09-2019, 07:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: What courses are you looking at that are 4cr?

My pending courses for BS IT 

Written Communication - English Composition II
Information Literacy - SOS-110: Living in the Information Age
Physics 1 Lab
Physics 2 or Chemistry  2 and Lab
College Algebra
Computer Architecture 
C++ Programming 
Network Technology
Management Information Systems
Current Trends
Project Management

Pending courses for BSBA CIS
Written Communication - English Composition II
Information Literacy - SOS-110: Living in the Information Age
Data Structures
C++ Programming
Database Management
Networking Principles
Capstone  | Current Trends
Marketing Fundamentals
Principles of Finance
Business in Society or International Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics

I'm not sure about UL courses available in TESU. I set up a meeting with Academic advising, I will check with them.
------------------

Thanks dfrecore. That is what I am wondering as well (if a Psych research methods class will work). Unfortunately, our experience is that they won't answer this question (we have tried with similar questions about specific courses before) since dd has not yet applied or been accepted. She can not apply since she is only 17 and she wants to take this class before should would apply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Payment methods to TESU as international student StudentOLife 10 1,192 08-29-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  301 Marketing Research and a few other Marketing courses Dorothy44 6 760 05-29-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  HIS-379 Historical Methods @ TESU, April Term mysonx3 1 788 04-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Has anyone taken AMU's Historical Research Class to satisfy the TESU requirement? Jenna.C 1 1,187 09-27-2018, 07:07 AM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU Historical Methods/Historiography Options Jenna.C 3 1,394 09-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C