Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources to earn Science Credits for TESU BA Natural Science/Mathematics Degree
In a previous thread discussion I was exploring the possibility of earning the TESU - BA in Natural Science and Mathematics (via the TESU 2nd BA degree 24 credit hour policy) However earning this degree appears to pose some difficulty due to finding resources which would allow one to earn Upper Level science credits. After a bit of searching on the internet I found the following potential course providers. I have no opinions on the quality, affordability or course methodology regarding these programs.

Here is the list:

University of New England
- Science Prerequisites for Health Professions - online classes | UNE Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies

Calcampus Science Courses
- Distance Learn Science Online Courses Accredited CALCampus

GetEducated Article
- Online Science Labs: Can I Take Biology & Chemistry Courses Online?

Westscott Courses
- https://westcottcourses.com/

NSTA Learning Center
- https://learningcenter.nsta.org/products...e_courses/

University of Texas at Austin University Extension
- https://extendedcampus.utexas.edu/uex/

Annenberg Learner
- https://www.learner.org/workshops/graduate_credit.html

American Museum of Natural History
- Learn & Teach
That is a good list, thanks for posting. I recently asked about earning UL science credits and got some good answers.

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...edits.html

I haven't seen Chemistry II or Organic Chemistry from any of the alternative and cheaper credit sources. Which I think is odd. At the cc Chemistry I was not offered online but Chemistry II was.
The first provider on the list offers Chemistry courses including organic chemistry.
Yeah, there online Chemistry options. Just not cheap ones. :/ I was thinking more like Straightliner, Study.com, or Aleks. I wish places like that had them. But I understand that might be too much to ask. They are businesses. If there isn't enough interest or the sucess rate would be too low they probably won't offer it.
I think TESU changed the equivalency of Information Systems Design and Management, but they'll accept Coopersmith's physiological psychology as a natural science. Try to get courses pre-approved when you can.

Sanantone's BA in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I only looked at a couple of the resources you listed, but I would make sure TESU will give upper level credit for any of them before you pay. Even Organic chemistry could be given a 200 level course code and would not count towards UL credit. Organic chem would only be second year course in a chemistry degree. I may be wrong but always get any opinion from TESU in writing before you put out a lot of time and money.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:I only looked at a couple of the resources you listed, but I would make sure TESU will give upper level credit for any of them before you pay. Even Organic chemistry could be given a 200 level course code and would not count towards UL credit. Organic chem would only be second year course in a chemistry degree. I may be wrong but always get any opinion from TESU in writing before you put out a lot of time and money.

Linda makes a very important point- the courses mentioned on this thread are not upper level.

To my knowledge, none of the UNE courses are upper level.

In science, the following are LOWER level:
Intro, College, and General Bio 1 & 2
Microbiology depends on the source, it can be LL or UL - get verification first.
Intro, College, and General Chem 1 & 2
Intro, College, and General Physics 1 & 2
Orgo and Biochem depends on the source, it can be LL or UL - get verification first.
Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2
Intro, Principles, or General Nutrition
Medical Terminology

Get verification for any science you need to come in as upper level. Also, know that TESU will allow you to take up to 30 GRADUATE level science credits and transfer them into your BA as upper level. It will be a million times easier to find online graduate level sciences than 300/400 online sciences that allow open enrollment.

EDIT to add: you can use computer classes in the science degree. That never appealed to me, but I know others have found ways to fill those UL requirements that way.
Microbiology is UL at TESU. I earned UL credit by taking microbiology with Straighterline just a few months ago. TESU does not care how the original school coded the course. Microbiology will always transfer in as UL unless it comes from a community college.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic