Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA to BA?
I am wondering if there is any real benefit to earning an AA on the road to BA?

First- in my case, I don't qualify yet for the AA because I hadn't taken science, so essentially there will be one semester difference between when I meet the requirements for an AA with when I meet the requirements for my BA- that could look odd.

Second- it's $250

Third- my first associate degree contributed zero credits toward my BA, so I am earning 120 the hard way- from scratch. This would be more obvious if I opted to include it distinctly separate from my first AOS and this BA.

Finally, which is more traditional? Do "most" people get the AA then BA or do "most" people just get the BA? Is that more common among those who went to community college first? I know some colleges don't even offer AAs.

Opinions??
Why are NONE of your AA credits transferable? Were they not ACE approved or is it your current school's decision?[/QUOTE]
>>

I don't want to kill this thread, I really value other's opinions on this. But, to answer your question, my culinary school (then) was NA- it is now a RA college, but that didn't happen until 14 years later.