Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC COS 105 vs COS 305
What's the difference between SDC Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems and Computer Science 305: Operating Systems, can you do both for TESU and get credit or only one will transfer? Will CSO 105 satisfy the Computer Science Operating Systems requirement?
I did both so maybe I can help you.

The CS 105 is more basic and feels like an IT or CyS course on the subject not really CS like. It was easy and can be done easily.

The CS 305 was a lot more challenging and closer to a B & M CS course, since in most courses you would have to build an OS based on what YouTubers say, it is a hardcore CS course and I also enjoyed it. However one of the final assignments has extensive errors in the example code to get you started and I am fluent in C, I decided I would wait until it was given a UL designation to submit the final assignment complete it.

They both transfer to TESU as COS-240 and do fill the operating system course requirement, both courses duplicate each other.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Take the Study.com CS105, you can probably finish it in less than a day. Basically, I finished it within a day and did the final the same day. CS305 may become UL in the distant future, but I wouldn't wait for it. Lastly, if you want to "learn more" you can take the CS305 quizzes, but don't do the final/assignments. I took all the quizzes but didn't do the final/assignments until it becomes UL...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You could use 105 to fulfill the requirement and get credit, and then do the 305 course up to the point of the assignment and proctored final, to just learn the material. You only pay for courses where you use the proctored final, so it's easy enough to learn as much as you want for free with as many courses as you want (I say free because I'm assuming you're going to take 2 other proctored finals that month, which are included in the monthly price).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
WOW, good info, thanks everyone. didn't know you could take as many courses as you want without doing the final and not be charged.