Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Proctored Exam Limit
So I was trying to take the proctored exam for Data Structures today and when I went to purchase the exam all the page says is what is below. Yet there is no link to purchase the exam. Is there a hard limit on exams that you can purchase? That would really suck as I have 2 courses I'm ready to take exams for.

Purchase an Additional Exam

With your plan, you currently receive 2 exams a month. If you have used those exams, you may purchase an additional exam for $70.
You've passed five exams in the last 30 days. Well done!

Please wait until your next billing cycle to take more exams, and contact support if you have questions.
Hmm, I am not much help here as I have two exams left for this month (I am taking both Today/Tonight!)
I'll then be taking two more, tomorrow night. So, we'll find out what the limit is, I have never taken more than 3 at a time.
The last time I took 3 in a row from Study.com was in Dec 28/2018 when I paid for an extra exam.
Would you mind attaching a screen shot, there maybe a menu or something we're missing...

College Accelerator Exams

You can take (or retake) two final exams every month of membership. You can retake an exam as soon as 3 days after your last attempt.

You have 2 exams left.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Here you go
.png   Screenshot from 2019-05-25 16-35-31.png (Size: 82.91 KB / Downloads: 64)
Well, if there is, that's good to know. I wonder if it's a new rule.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I’ve taken 5 in a month, but never tried for more so I never thought to check. Maybe they’re trying to keep people from raking up too many credits to fast and thus seem to illegitimize them? I don’t know. I’d try contacting support and see what they say.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
I'm pretty sure that is a new rule since I have taken 6 exams in a single month, but that was last year.

I assume they put a limit on this to avoid any potential issues with schools who may question people completing too many courses in a short period of time.

They may also have done it for financial reasons, but that doesn't seem as likely. I'm sure they prefer folks paying $199 for two courses rather than $70 for one. But they could always just raise the price of the additional exams if that were the issue.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I wonder if it stops you if you've already been billed for the next cycle.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I completed 10 SDC exams in February this year. Did not face any problems.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • alab21
That's the strangest thing, I would have thought they wouldn't place a limit on the exams you can take. But seems they have updated it to 5 exams at most. That's what I usually recommend for SL/Study.com courses, about 5/month is the sweet spot. OP - did you try contacting Study.com to see if this was a new rule? Thanks
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2019, 01:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's the strangest thing, I would have thought they wouldn't place a limit on the exams you can take.  But seems they have updated it to 5 exams at most.  That's what I usually recommend for SL/Study.com courses, about 5/month is the sweet spot.  OP - did you try contacting Study.com to see if this was a new rule?  Thanks

I submitted a support ticket no response yet though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 147 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 328 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 311 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 795 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 717 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 854 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  exam timer mombie 3 543 03-08-2023, 11:37 AM
  Study.com 5 Exam Limit??? joshua27 15 1,611 02-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  When do you have to take your Straighterline exam? loops77 3 694 01-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 3 2,056 01-14-2023, 03:49 PM