Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Transfer List...Up to date?
Hi all,
I'm trying to do some planning and in this, I am trying to accurately discern which SDC courses are currently considered UL. I just completed the History and Systems of Psychology course at SDC yesterday, on the basis of it being listed as UL transfer on the Study.com website. My question is, how trustworthy is this list, with regards to current policies at TESU?

I've seen some posts saying that most of the UL courses at SDC were downgraded to LL sometime last summer, and some talk specifically about the "Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War" course now being LL (my curiosity was sprung when I saw that it did not include a writing component, like the History and Systems of Psychology course did). 

Thanks,
(03-07-2019, 09:32 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: Hi all,
I'm trying to do some planning and in this, I am trying to accurately discern which SDC courses are currently considered UL. I just completed the History and Systems of Psychology course at SDC yesterday, on the basis of it being listed as UL transfer on the Study.com website. My question is, how trustworthy is this list, with regards to current policies at TESU?

I've seen some posts saying that most of the UL courses at SDC were downgraded to LL sometime last summer, and some talk specifically about the "Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War" course now being LL (my curiosity was sprung when I saw that it did not include a writing component, like the History and Systems of Psychology course did). 

Thanks,

You need to make sure the course is 300 level and up and you can also cross-reference the course on the ACE database to make sure it is recommended for UL credit. 
If you are actually enrolled at TESU, you can also ask them what course would work. 

The lower level intro to the Vietnam war course is considered LL, but Effects of the Vietnam war is considered UL, I don't remember that changing. It has assignments.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • DeanLewis
Ah, I was indeed looking at the wrong class, but looking up the right one (Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War - History 308) in the ACE registry, it, alongside all of the Psychology courses are listed as LL...
(03-07-2019, 10:38 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: Ah, I was indeed looking at the wrong class, but looking up the right one (Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War - History 308) in the ACE registry, it, alongside all of the Psychology courses are listed as LL...

It should come in as UL, it did for me and others on here.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
The list is up-to-date. All of the changes that happened are reflected on this list.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • DeanLewis
Some courses that are LL through ACE transfer as UL because they are UL through NCCRS. Both courses you mentioned (History/Systems of Psychology, Causes/Effects of the Vietnam War) fall into this category.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • DeanLewis
Awesome. Thanks for the info all!
If you already took the LL Vietnam course then you’re probably only missing a few quizzes and the assignments, if you want to try to knock it out. You’re going to be doing a lot of writing for the Capstone anyway, so it’s good practice.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,259 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,047 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 497 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,913 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 10 2,690 11-13-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 885 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  What happened to all the transfer discounts? harrypotter 2 518 06-14-2023, 09:20 PM
  Sophia - Transfer Credits Directly to School? rowan555 6 13,385 04-16-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm