Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Upper Level Courses
(10-25-2018, 02:46 PM)Argo Wrote: Do you need approval from TESU before you can take a Study.com course? I was planning to start taking study.com courses in a few weeks but I'm not an enrolled student. Do I have I have to wait until after I enroll at TESU to start taking study.com courses?

No, you don't need approval, or to be enrolled at TESU before you can begin taking Study.com courses. Being a Study.com customer is an advantage for TESU students since it can earn you a discounted rate on tuition and residency waiver once you're ready to enroll and complete the degree. However, you can wait until you're at 117 credits before applying to TESU if you wish.

The advantage to applying (and potentially enrolling) earlier is to get your existing credits evaluated towards a degree plan to help you figure out what courses you should take. But you can figure that out with assistance from people on this forum as well. Personally, I waited to enroll until I had completed over 100 credits and just needed to enroll to finalize my degree requirements and take the required courses.

Its really up to you how you'd like to proceed.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(10-25-2018, 03:19 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 02:46 PM)Argo Wrote: Do you need approval from TESU before you can take a Study.com course? I was planning to start taking study.com courses in a few weeks but I'm not an enrolled student. Do I have I have to wait until after I enroll at TESU to start taking study.com courses?

No, you don't need approval, or to be enrolled at TESU before you can begin taking Study.com courses. Being a Study.com customer is an advantage for TESU students since it can earn you a discounted rate on tuition and residency waiver once you're ready to enroll and complete the degree. However, you can wait until you're at 117 credits before applying to TESU if you wish.

The advantage to applying (and potentially enrolling) earlier is to get your existing credits evaluated towards a degree plan to help you figure out what courses you should take. But you can figure that out with assistance from people on this forum as well. Personally, I waited to enroll until I had completed over 100 credits and just needed to enroll to finalize my degree requirements and take the required courses.

Its really up to you how you'd like to proceed.

It has changed in recent years, and I now advise people to enroll earlier; there is no potential downside to it, only upside.  BUT, there is huge downside potential to waiting, as catalogs can and do change on an annual basis at TESU.

Also, if you are enrolled, and take courses and transfer them in, and then at some point TESU makes a change to their policies (stop accepting Shmoop for instance), if you already have those courses evaluated and they're in your plan, TESU won't retroactively remove them.  Other instances for this are when they stopped accepting TECEP's as residency (I got in on the 2014 catalog when they were accepted, so no residency waiver for me even though I graduated in 2018); when they stopped accepting outside Strategic Management courses for the capstone; when they stopped offering the Strategic Management capstone course; etc.  In most of these instances, the enrolled students found out in advance, and had a certain amount of time to finish what they were already working on or registered for a course before a deadline date.  Anyone who wasn't already enrolled was out of luck.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • acamp
I agree with dfrecore. Apply ASAP. History taught us that. As soon as you can apply apply and send finished classes to TESU monthly. Look at the downgrade of SL UL and non acceptance of Shoop. If I waited I would have not have any of my shmoop courses applied.

My only regret is that I dint get to finish the finite math in time. I also regret not doing Saylor Software engineering when I could have.

Dont delay! Finish your courses as soon as possible!!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,687 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,797 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat