Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL -- IT Fundamentals
(10-05-2017, 08:58 PM)theonlyski Wrote: Yeah, I've got about 15 years in the IT industry and I just squeaked by (the acrobatiq course) with a 78, which is the lowest score I have on any SL course.

This may sound a little backward, but that's reassuring.  It indicates that getting a relatively low grade doesn't mean I'm a lot stupider or more ignorant than I thought.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(10-05-2017, 09:13 PM)a2jc4life Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:58 PM)theonlyski Wrote: Yeah, I've got about 15 years in the IT industry and I just squeaked by (the acrobatiq course) with a 78, which is the lowest score I have on any SL course.

This may sound a little backward, but that's reassuring.  It indicates that getting a relatively low grade doesn't mean I'm a lot stupider or more ignorant than I thought.

Up until last month, I was the Network Architect for a fairly large local government and I hold multiple Cisco certifications (which aren't easy to get) but I failed the Saylor CS402 direct credit. Talk about a low blow! I contested many of the questions, got some of them changed for future test takers but the "Course Designer" decided not to bother fixing the rest which were in clear contradiction to the material (I provided direct quotes and references to prove it).

Sometimes ya just gotta take a pass and move on. Unfortunately, I didn't end up passing that exam so I just decided to move on with my life and hope that eventually they get some sense talked into them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes theonlyski's post:
  • a2jc4life
It's so frustrating when questions are inaccurate. I have a feeling most people don't question them, either -- they figure that if an "expert" created the test, they, themselves, must be wrong.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

(10-06-2017, 06:18 AM)theonlyski Wrote:

Up until last month, I was the Network Architect for a fairly large local government and I hold multiple Cisco certifications (which aren't easy to get) but I failed the Saylor CS402 direct credit. Talk about a low blow! I contested many of the questions, got some of them changed for future test takers but the "Course Designer" decided not to bother fixing the rest which were in clear contradiction to the material (I provided direct quotes and references to prove it).

Sometimes ya just gotta take a pass and move on. Unfortunately, I didn't end up passing that exam so I just decided to move on with my life and hope that eventually they get some sense talked into them.

They have a brand new executive director (Jeff Davidson) who is very bright and proactive. I would expect to see some action from him.
(10-06-2017, 12:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 06:18 AM)theonlyski Wrote:

They have a brand new executive director (Jeff Davidson) who is very bright and proactive.  I would expect to see some action from him.

Is there some way to contact him to talk about the issues I had? While I would love to get credit for the exam, I don't really need it (WGU is giving me credit based on my hand full of Cisco certifications) but I would like to get the exam questions fixed because then more people would be able to get credit.
Update: I just took the final for this, and passed. I'm NOT a fan of the course setup. In addition to the issues I mentioned before (hard to navigate, etc.), the final has no review, which makes for a little bit of awkwardness in the submission process compared to the other SL exams I've done so far. I'm okay with the fact that I can't see what the questions are, but whereas the other exams mark the question numbers in red and green (depending on whether you missed them or got them right), this just leaves them all grey, while everything else on the display looks basically the same. That makes it a little hard to tell, in my opinion, whether the test submission was successful.

With that said, I felt like I was reading questions that didn't even make sense as I worked through the final, and wasn't sure I was going to even squeak out the percentage I needed (something like 33%, I think) but I got a 67%. I still have a lower grade on this course than any other I've ever taken, but it was enough for a pass, so I'll take it.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fundamentals of Project Management? sambam0812 1 579 10-02-2020, 04:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL IT Fundamentals mariorun 2 708 06-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Fundamentals of Cybersecurity DSST RRMIKE 5 2,594 10-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does anyone know if WGU accepts IT Fundamentals from Straighterline? Kirsten 3 1,440 10-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SL Computer Courses: Information Tech Fundamentals and Intro to Programming Comp C++ hoffdeb 3 999 04-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Last Post: hoffdeb