Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Literature or Fine Arts
Want to verify that Intro to Religion fulfills this requirement? Thanks
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
At Charter Oak, the DSST Intro to World Religions does not fulfill the Literature requirement. It would work for Global Understanding and Non-US HIstory/ Culture though. While I would guess that the same is true for the Straighterline version of the course, you should absolutely get approval from your advisor before you use it because COSC does not appear to offer approval for it on their SL transfer guidelines page.

You could try Shmoop for the Lit credits- Shakespeare's Plays or Literature in the Media have been suggested by other posters as a good place to start.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
My son is applying to SL next month, so I can verify this for you, but I don't expect it to fill it either. That's based on what they COSC list shows religion courses as counting towards- lit/arts is not there. I do not believe any of the SL courses meet that requirement. My son plans to take a music course through COSC with his cornerstone.
Thank you. Well bummer, I was hoping to take as many SL courses as I could. Fine Arts and Lit are not my favorite topics, likely because I have no interest or passion in them. Smile
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
Shmoop Literature is the cheapest/ most convenient, followed by CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. I also hear good things about Penn Foster Art Appreciation and Music Appreciation.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I'm taking E4C literature as we speak.

14 sections, if I recall correctly. 13 are work, 14 is the final exam. I don't believe it is open book, but I know it is 50 questions. each of the remaining topics has one 30 question quiz, that is open book. You must make at least a 50 in quizzes and 50 on the final to receive credit.

E4C is terminology with some interpretation thrown in. I am not struggling near as bad as I have with other classes, though and lit is not anything I enjoy. I laugh constantly at the thought of a dude with a beret and cigarette holder with an iambic pentameter slide rule... (applying technicality to creative pursuits = it's weird to me)

I think. My head is mushy, but the nice E4C lady is pretty responsive on this board; I for one have appreciated her insight.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENG301 Non Western Literature Lacedonia4 9 2,076 01-04-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,009 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Comprehensive list of fastest/easiest general elective / liberal arts credits studyingfortests 4 1,307 08-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Straighterline - Literature & Fine Art nilahti2 7 1,301 10-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Last Post: nilahti2
  Whats easier for BS UL/LL for a BS degree: Business or Lib. Arts? xicovu 4 1,125 02-13-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  TESU/Study.com Ba Lib Arts Link jsantiagox 2 1,053 12-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs Yenisei 5 1,563 10-24-2019, 12:35 PM
  New Shmoop Course: African-American Literature eriehiker 5 1,581 09-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Holocaust shmoop literature gen? SweetsugarNL 4 1,163 09-03-2019, 03:59 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  What are the current (11/2018) TESU Non-Western Literature alternatives available? pws 33 5,914 07-04-2019, 09:46 PM