Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMC University Very Cheap!
If you are looking for ACBSP business programs, then it's an acceptable program for SMC - they are not regionally accredited.
At most, they are Nationally accredited. If you are going for "other programs", I would recommend staying with US RA or equivalent programs in other countries.

I mentioned the SMC (don't recall if they have RA equivalent) Business Doctorates (ACBSP Accredited) in this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid241379

I mentioned the Charisma University (BAC Accredited) CyberSecurity Doctorate (ACBSP Candidate Status) in this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid246230
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Big Grin 
I wasn't aware of Charisma University right here in the Caribbean!! Hmm the tuition is so cheap compared to everywhere else!! Hmmm...It's almost $5000 cheaper than the Aspen DSc in Computer Science...So total cost would for the be $19530 + $2500 for the PhD in Cyber Security Administration, am i right? Guess it would be equivalent of RA...little lost on how long it would take though...

All these PhD programs seem like 3+ years...wondering if I can get a 2 yr program?

Maybe someone would have a self paced tuition free PhD or DBA  in something...I know people talk about Doctorates being hard work, and the need to toil through and stuff like that..some of us simply want one just because and want it to be a quick as possible..If I ever have the dough I'd aim at a school that offers a tuition free DBA....maybe charge only for the dissertation...

My BALS would have taken me a flat year (hopefully), MBA from Patten would be like 8 mths max and a DBA or PhD in 2 yrs would be IDEAL...
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I just looked at your signature, why not finish off the Free Credits from TEEX and NFA? They go into your free electives for the BALS. Do you have enough credits already in that area? What courses are left remaining to finish off that degree?

(02-22-2018, 06:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I just looked at your signature, why not finish off the Free Credits from TEEX and NFA? They go into your free electives for the BALS. Do you have enough credits already in that area? What courses are left remaining to finish off that degree?

The ones I listed to the top are the ones I need to finish..Software Engineering, C++, Microecononics and the Capstone...

All I need is one more UL..6 credits free elective and the capstone......well the last TEEX idk if I really need it..and I'm not allowed to sign up for rhe NFA courses being international...

The microeconomics is for the patten MBA..and the software engineering is my last UL (I also paid for Microbiology and Organizational behavior at SL but wont need it will do it anyway)..I need two UL courses in IT cause it seems to be needed in case I decide on AMU or Aspen for an IT masters if Patten fails for what ever reason..

I also bought C++, precalc, calc I and calc II at SL I plan to use for my BA Comp Sci..and origianlly I planned to do Purdue University Systems Engineering masters which required 2 semesters of calculus...so I bought those from SL as well..I'll finish up all..I will be a lot of credits over but hopefully TESU can give me a Natural Science/Mathematics conc.

(02-22-2018, 06:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I just looked at your signature, why not finish off the Free Credits from TEEX and NFA? They go into your free electives for the BALS. Do you have enough credits already in that area? What courses are left remaining to finish off that degree?

The ones I listed to the top are the ones I need to finish..Software Engineering, C++, Microecononics and the Capstone...

All I need is one more UL..6 credits free elective and the capstone......well the last TEEX idk if I really need it..and I'm not allowed to sign up for rhe NFA courses being international...

The microeconomics is for the patten MBA..and the software engineering is my last UL (I also paid for Microbiology and Organizational behavior at SL but wont need it will do it anyway)..I need two UL courses in IT cause it seems to be needed in case I decide on AMU or Aspen for an IT masters if Patten fails for what ever reason..

I also bought C++, precalc, calc I and calc II at SL I plan to use for my BA Comp Sci..and origianlly I planned to do Purdue University Systems Engineering masters which required 2 semesters of calculus...so I bought those from SL as well..I'll finish up all..I will be a lot of credits over but hopefully TESU can give me a Natural Science/Mathematics conc.

(02-22-2018, 07:38 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 06:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I just looked at your signature, why not finish off the Free Credits from TEEX and NFA?  They go into your free electives for the BALS.  Do you have enough credits already in that area?  What courses are left remaining to finish off that degree?

(02-22-2018, 06:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I just looked at your signature, why not finish off the Free Credits from TEEX and NFA?  They go into your free electives for the BALS.  Do you have enough credits already in that area?  What courses are left remaining to finish off that degree?

I really wish I would attend WGU like you plan to. I already enrolled in the NationsU BRS...I think its very tough..
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

It's too bad you can't do WGU. If you do Patten please let us know how it goes. I am thinking WGU but maybe Patten. Such as great price for Patten.

Do you definitely want one with dissertation? I'm not sure but Wikipedia seems to suggest that in some countries they still call someone "doctor" if theirs was non-dissertation? It seems that many of the online schools require in-person defense of the dissertation. I'm sure some don't.

They are now accredited in Malta as https://smceducation.com/
Interesting tuition, I wonder if it would work though $275 Euro for 18 months, 24, 27, whatever time it takes you to do all 9 courses required instead of the 40 it mentions: Tuition Fees

Tuition is paid throughout the span of enrollment and amounts to 275 Euro per month. Discounted advance payment options are available on request. SMC does not provide scholarships for the DBA program. Doctoral candidates are expected to be at an advanced stage of their career, having achieved a financial position to be able to fund their Tuition. If necessary, we encourage applicants to seek financial support from external sources. SMC provides reductions to SMC Alumni.

Edit to Add: This would be so similar to tuition charges that are monthly at Kairos. 275 Euro currently equates to 300 USD... If someone could finish in say 27 months, that's cheap at 8100 USD!
Note: For the PhD option, it seems more 'set' at least 24 months to get the MPhil and then finish off the remainder in another 24 months or so, that'll be 48 months and will be $14400 USD.

(02-22-2018, 12:08 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Just as I was trying to get my head wrapped around this whole national and regional accredation, I encounter this school SMC University, is it legit or a mill?

https://www.smcuniversity.com/

While it seems their courses are legit in the sense you can learn something, they are completely unaccredited and no one is gonna give them any recognition, as they are a Swiss Cantonally approved institution and not accredited by the Swiss Federal Government.
[-] The following 1 user Likes elcastor21's post:
  • Harry101
Most of the Swiss diploma mills run from Geneva and Zug Cantons. Btw in those cantons you do not even need a Cantonal license;
https://www.ge.ch/en/authorizations-open...te-schools
This is a fairly old operator, and it used various schemes to gain legitimacy for it's degrees in the past. At one point, they had ACBSP programmatic accreditation for some problems. They also used to offer graduate degrees validated by Universidad Central Nicaragua. At some point, they seem to split into "SMC Education Group" that operates from Malta and has Maltese accreditation and "Swiss Management Center" remnant that stayed on as a cantonal outfit in Switzerland (for a time, also doing the UCN thing, but seemingly no more). SMC Education Group is weird, but appears to be accredited. Swiss sect seems to be... not accredited. I am not sure how and whether the two entities are still connected.

https://smceducation.com/contact/

I meant they had ACBSP for some programs, not 'problems'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 240 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,069 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,454 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,846 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,974 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,312 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000