Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 | Second-degree bachelor’s students are exempt
(08-06-2021, 03:14 PM)akr680 Wrote: Hi All,

If I complete the BABA (Project Mgmt & Supply Chain Mgmt) from UMPI($2800), will I be exempt from SOS-110?

Then, I will complete ten courses in statistics.com($4800) for my BS in Data Science. In addition, I will pay a non-resident fee of $3200.

If you go to TESU for a 2nd bachelor's, then all of the GE and Free Electives will be waived including the cornerstone.  And since that degree does not have a capstone, you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee.

On Statistics.com's website, it says this:

Earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Data Science Analytics from TESU in partnership with Statistics.com. The core curriculum for 12 courses is $5,700 if you pay in full, or $6,090 pay as you enroll.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(08-08-2021, 02:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

If I complete the BABA (Project Mgmt & Supply Chain Mgmt) from UMPI($2800), will I be exempt from SOS-110?

Then, I will complete ten courses in statistics.com($4800) for my BS in Data Science. In addition, I will pay a non-resident fee of $3200.

If you go to TESU for a 2nd bachelor's, then all of the GE and Free Electives will be waived, including the cornerstone.  And since that degree does not have a capstone, you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee.

Earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Data Science Analytics from TESU in partnership with Statistics.com. The core curriculum for 12 courses is $5,700 if you pay in full, or $6,090 pay as you enroll.

Thanks for the guidance. If I take R programming from SDC, then I need to pay around 4100 at Statisctics.com

If I go with this plan, Do I need to wait to get the UMPI degree then start enrolling for Statisctics.com courses, or can I do it in parallel? Please advice.

===================
Earning a Second or Successive Associate Degree
Students who have not earned a baccalaureate, advanced or professional degree but have earned an associate degree from TESU or an accredited institution recognized under the Thomas Edison State University Transfer Credit Policy and wish to earn a second or successive associate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 12 credits in the option, or in the general education electives if there is not an option, including the required Capstone, if applicable. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.

Attached Files
.jpg   bs da plan.jpg (Size: 239.42 KB / Downloads: 8)
------------------

(08-08-2021, 03:10 PM)akr680 Wrote: Thanks for the guidance. If I take R programming from SDC, then I need to pay around 4100 at Statisctics.com

If I go with this plan, Do I need to wait to get the UMPI degree then start enrolling for Statisctics.com courses, or can I do it in parallel? Please advice.

===================
Earning a Second or Successive Associate Degree
Students who have not earned a baccalaureate, advanced or professional degree but have earned an associate degree from TESU or an accredited institution recognized under the Thomas Edison State University Transfer Credit Policy and wish to earn a second or successive associate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 12 credits in the option, or in the general education electives if there is not an option, including the required Capstone, if applicable. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.

Why do you need 2 bachelor's degrees from the US? Realistically, you can't work on both at the same time. UMPI has requirements that you must meet each term to remain a student. Both schools are also part of the National Student Clearinghouse so they'll know you're enrolled at both at the same time which also doesn't work. TESU will not allow a person to have more than 2 bachelor's degrees. When you are going for a second bachelor's degree at either school you have to meet specific requirements. At UMPI you will need to complete an ADDITIONAL 30 credits and the UL requirements. You already have a bachelor's degree and you need that evaluated through WES for UMPI. UMPI will then determine if they give you credit for a bachelor's degree. TESU has similar requirements. It may be another body who reviews your degree for TESU. WES is who you have to use for UMPI. Just because WGU doesn't accept your bachelor's degree doesn't mean other schools feel the same. You need to find out how UMPI and TESU view your bachelor's degree before doing anything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • akr680
(08-08-2021, 03:10 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 02:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

If you go to TESU for a 2nd bachelor's, then all of the GE and Free Electives will be waived, including the cornerstone.  And since that degree does not have a capstone, you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee.

Thanks for the guidance. If I take R programming from SDC, then I need to pay around 4100 at Statisctics.com

You have to earn 24cr of NEW coursework AFTER conferral of your 1st bachelor's degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
Thank you for the inputs.

I will do SOS-110, pay the Residency waiver fee and get ASNSM in Computer Science & AS Business.

I will continue taking Statisctics.com courses and get a BS in 2022.
------------------

You might as well pick up the ASNSM Math as well, IMO. ASNSM Comp Sci & ASNSM Math count as ONE degree as long as you complete them at the same time. The math one just requires a few extra math courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • akr680, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 360 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 652 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 615 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,996 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1