Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor CS402
rjankowski Wrote:I'm mostly disappointed that they don't even touch on my favorite transmission method, IPoAC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149

Oh for the love of Elvis don't confuse them more, it's already way over their head Sad
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:Oh for the love of Elvis don't confuse them more, it's already way over their head Sad

Hahaha, I can really confuse them.

IPv6 Scenic routing:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7511
any updates on this? has anyone taken the final and passed?

How does it compare to the practice finals?

I just started reading the book yesterday and plan to do all of the practice quizzes. Is that all I need to pass? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. I am trying to finish this by April 17th.
yb1 Wrote:any updates on this? has anyone taken the final and passed?

How does it compare to the practice finals?

I just started reading the book yesterday and plan to do all of the practice quizzes. Is that all I need to pass? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. I am trying to finish this by April 17th.

My husband took it cold yesterday, and failed (60%). He said that he knows for certain that some of the answers were totally wrong (one about LAN/WAN I remember).

He was going to study some of the materials and then try again as soon as he could.

BTW - he took the MIS and Cybersecurity DSST exams cold and passed. And he's MORE familiar with Networks than Cybersecurity, and thinks this was a bad test. But for $25, he's willing to give it another shot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:My husband took it cold yesterday, and failed (60%). He said that he knows for certain that some of the answers were totally wrong (one about LAN/WAN I remember).

He was going to study some of the materials and then try again as soon as he could.

BTW - he took the MIS and Cybersecurity DSST exams cold and passed. And he's MORE familiar with Networks than Cybersecurity, and thinks this was a bad test. But for $25, he's willing to give it another shot.

There are several questions that are absolutely wrong, some are poorly worded or have multiple correct answers (or no correct answers) and don't provide enough information to distinguish between the answer they want you to pick. I've gotten two of the questions fixed on the credit exam, I think I have 5-10 more that I am waiting to hear back on. I am not holding on much hope that they will fix the entire test (they essentially told me better luck next time after the two that they fixed) but I've been persistent and there's supposed to be a SME and another employee at Saylor looking at them. That was two weeks ago and I expect I'll get an update early next week.

The problem with the $25 per shot is if the questions are wrong, it's throwing away money. I am a little upset that I didn't get credit the first time, but I am not taking it again without knowing they fix the issues.
theonlyski Wrote:There are several questions that are absolutely wrong, some are poorly worded or have multiple correct answers (or no correct answers) and don't provide enough information to distinguish between the answer they want you to pick. I've gotten two of the questions fixed on the credit exam, I think I have 5-10 more that I am waiting to hear back on. I am not holding on much hope that they will fix the entire test (they essentially told me better luck next time after the two that they fixed) but I've been persistent and there's supposed to be a SME and another employee at Saylor looking at them. That was two weeks ago and I expect I'll get an update early next week.

The problem with the $25 per shot is if the questions are wrong, it's throwing away money. I am a little upset that I didn't get credit the first time, but I am not taking it again without knowing they fix the issues.

banghead banghead
theonlyski Wrote:There are several questions that are absolutely wrong, some are poorly worded or have multiple correct answers (or no correct answers) and don't provide enough information to distinguish between the answer they want you to pick.

This was exactly the issue he was having as well. He would say "look at this wording, then look at the answers you can choose from, now look at the info in the material where it is - NONE of these is the right answer!"

I'm going to try to have some of these fixed as well. And ask for a refund of our $25 if they can't show how his exam is correctly graded! It's ridiculous that they can't get these correct!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:This was exactly the issue he was having as well. He would say "look at this wording, then look at the answers you can choose from, now look at the info in the material where it is - NONE of these is the right answer!"

I'm going to try to have some of these fixed as well. And ask for a refund of our $25 if they can't show how his exam is correctly graded! It's ridiculous that they can't get these correct!!

I highly doubt you'll get a refund. Saylor didn't get the money, ProctorU did. ProctorU provided a service, they don't care what is on the test, they just care that you're not cheating. I think best case, your husband may get his score changed and be able to get credit for the test.

I even went so far as listing out the questions, then copying the material from the source which showed that I was correct but marked wrong and sending it to them. I also even offered to review (for free) the entire question bank to help clean it up, but they didn't seem interested in that.

I do find it interesting if you look at the course syllabus, there's nobody listed for the course designer whereas every other course that I recall looking at has one listed.
Ok, got another question fixed but that's all they're willing to do for me other than wish me luck on my next attempt and give me a bit of advice:

Quote:For some more general advice on how to approach the exam, I'd say that, often, having experience in a field can mean focusing too much on nuances in the questions, or mentally framing them in a way that isn't what the question is directly asking. In the real world, several things might be possible, given a specific set of circumstances, but most of the time exam questions are more cut-and-dry, and ask you to choose the best answer given only the information in the question itself. Because of this, it may be best to approach the exam as if you were a "beginner," and use the resources in the course to inform your answers.

So, basically, if you have experience in the networking field, you are going to be hurting and given the test questions and answers, I can tell you there were plenty that were in need of editing. I find it funny since attention to detail is required to be any good at this job. I asked to speak directly with the course designer and/or SME and was told "that is not possible."
I know what they mean.

I often have to remind myself when taking exams, especially the HR, Organization, etc.

What would someone who isn't a cynical ass think this question is asking? then, What would that person say is the correct answer if they had read the material?

With that in mind I've been doing ok.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 436 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,571 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 573 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,395 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 886 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,186 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 756 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,409 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,502 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 871 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM