Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Expired Courses
(02-10-2021, 11:09 AM)ylmir Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:30 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:59 AM)gams007 Wrote: I Just notice that around 17 courses will expire in 4 month without counting the other bunch courses that already expired, If you still need cheap credits courses is good to start shooting on Saylor courses before they go R.I.P like the other expired courses.

I read somewhere that Saylor it upgrading actually, and soon to possibly have a lot more courses to meet accreditation?  I can't remember where I read that,but this is on Saylor's website... "Note: most of all of the currently expired courses below are scheduled for review during the week of January 11 through January 15. Results of the review will be available soon thereafter."

That note was written last year since those courses expired, I even emailed them several times asking the same question the said last year that in august will be ready but if you take a look they did not post the date with the current year so it could be also in 2022. Let's see by the end of this month. If nothing happen I will take most credits from before they expired as the others.
You would have to find the thread again, but there was somewhere here that someone emailed them, and they said they had submitted their courses for renewal, as well as a few new ones to be evaluated, and they were going to have an update to share some time this month.

Nevermind, this is the very thread

Like I said Saylor promise that in February will renew the expired courses  with out posting which year may be 2025 ???.  February is gone, I will try to take some courses before they expire also they do not care to renew them at all. At least they have C++ ACE course valid.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-28-2021, 05:52 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 11:09 AM)ylmir Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:30 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:59 AM)gams007 Wrote: I Just notice that around 17 courses will expire in 4 month without counting the other bunch courses that already expired, If you still need cheap credits courses is good to start shooting on Saylor courses before they go R.I.P like the other expired courses.

I read somewhere that Saylor it upgrading actually, and soon to possibly have a lot more courses to meet accreditation?  I can't remember where I read that,but this is on Saylor's website... "Note: most of all of the currently expired courses below are scheduled for review during the week of January 11 through January 15. Results of the review will be available soon thereafter."

That note was written last year since those courses expired, I even emailed them several times asking the same question the said last year that in august will be ready but if you take a look they did not post the date with the current year so it could be also in 2022. Let's see by the end of this month. If nothing happen I will take most credits from before they expired as the others.
You would have to find the thread again, but there was somewhere here that someone emailed them, and they said they had submitted their courses for renewal, as well as a few new ones to be evaluated, and they were going to have an update to share some time this month.

Nevermind, this is the very thread

Like I said Saylor promise that in February will renew the expired courses  with out posting which year may be 2025 ???.  February is gone, I will try to take some courses before they expire also they do not care to renew them at all. At least they have C++ ACE course valid.
I don't know that they promised anything. They said they hoped to be able to announce new results in February. ACE had been busy for awhile trying to fix the transition nightmare, it could be that ACE just hasn't updated their catalog yet (as we've seen with other things, like DSSTs). Considering that Saylor is likely volunteer-run (their main mission is to provide educational resources for free to people who wouldn't have access to that kind of thing otherwise), I think that deserve some patience and grace. Unlike most other providers, they're not making any money off of us taking courses with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • Dorothy44
The fact that every course that was set to expire on 5/31/21 has been extended to 7/31/21 shows that they are in the process of getting the courses renewed right now. ACE only puts in extensions when they are currently working on courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Dorothy44, gams007
(02-28-2021, 07:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The fact that every course that was set to expire on 5/31/21 has been extended to 7/31/21 shows that they are in the process of getting the courses renewed right now.  ACE only puts in extensions when they are currently working on courses.

Although the Saylor Direct Credit page has not been updated, the ACE guide shows that all of the expired Saylor courses have been renewed or extended except software engineering. This opens up a lot of credit opportunities again.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like jch's post:
  • Dorothy44, rachel83az, StoicJ
(04-19-2021, 02:39 PM)jch Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 07:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The fact that every course that was set to expire on 5/31/21 has been extended to 7/31/21 shows that they are in the process of getting the courses renewed right now.  ACE only puts in extensions when they are currently working on courses.

Although the Saylor Direct Credit page has not been updated, the ACE guide shows that all of the expired Saylor courses have been renewed or extended except software engineering. This opens up a lot of credit opportunities again.
The problem is... if Saylor didn’t update their site, i don’t know how you would set up the test...
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-19-2021, 02:57 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 02:39 PM)jch Wrote: Although the Saylor Direct Credit page has not been updated, the ACE guide shows that all of the expired Saylor courses have been renewed or extended except software engineering. This opens up a lot of credit opportunities again.
The problem is... if Saylor didn’t update their site, i don’t know how you would set up the test...

Good point. I looked at a few of the courses themselves and the credit exam option is not appearing. I'll try to ask them about it.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • AllThose299s, Vle045
It is really interesting. In ACE, they added a few new courses, as well, including a UL "Software engineering" course! Could be a good way to get a few cheap tech credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • AllThose299s
(04-20-2021, 01:24 PM)ylmir Wrote: It is really interesting. In ACE, they added a few new courses, as well, including a UL "Software engineering" course! Could be a good way to get a few cheap tech credits.

No new credits - they just finally renewed all of the stuff that expired back in 2019.  I can't believe it took them a year to figure this out.  Huh
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-20-2021, 01:24 PM)ylmir Wrote: It is really interesting. In ACE, they added a few new courses, as well, including a UL "Software engineering" course! Could be a good way to get a few cheap tech credits.

This is NOT an UL course.  It transfers in as LL to TESU.
(04-20-2021, 04:30 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:

This is NOT an UL course.  It transfers in as LL to TESU.

It is ACE-recommended as UL.  TESU is not the only school on this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,425 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 705 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,208 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 436 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,888 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,040 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,079 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 597 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 336 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77