Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School suggestions?
I have done a lot of reading here and thought I would throw my specifics out there in case someone had some guidance. Sorry for the length, I wanted to give the most complete info. 

I am, like most I have read, looking for the easiest fasted degree. I have an AAS (nursing) and a AS from a community college. I did nursing for years but recently got in to the clinical research field. Most jobs I would like to advance to require a degree. While some places do specify a science degree, some don't. Either way, I think my two associate degrees would appease an employer on that end if needed. I will add that I am not interested in the RN to BSN type programs. I am interested, once finished with a bachelors, in doing a clinical research certificate program. THose are plentiful but require a minimum of bachelors. 

I had originally read all the posts, fbook pages, everything I could on WGU and then started hearing about the other schools to the point where I could use some help. I had this past month downloaded the guide for WGU healthcare administration management and have done five courses on Sophia (all the ones available aside from the gen ed stuff) and nearly done with my first class on Study.com with at least 3 weeks left on the billing cycles of both platforms. 

My issue is that WGU wont evaluate until you enroll and once you enroll you cant transfer more in. I have heard of older (mine is from 226 and 2008) associate credits not transferring in and also, it would be nice to get more of the business classes out of the way before enrolling. I am looking at a 3/1 start regardless as I have made no contact with the school yet. 

I am not set on the healthcare management route. I am not set on WGU. I was intrigued by their acceleration ability but does anyone have input otherwise? I had seen where TESU allowed all but the two final courses to transfer in but then also read they had changed that policy so I am confused there. 

I am former military, but with basic credit as a medic that already is covered by my associate nursing degree so not much help. Also, I have exceeded the time in which to use my gi bill. 

I have:

biology 1
eng comp 1
intermediate algebra
critical thinking
A and P 1
US history 1
Elementary statistics
Music appreciation
general psych
american lit 1
american lit 2
microapplications
pre cal algebra
social problems
speech
a and p 2
college chemistry 1
microbiology
Microeconomics
intro to sociology
eng comp 2
Fundamentals for business (sophia)
buisness law (sophia)
finance skills for managers (sophia)
business communication (sophia)
Project management (sophia)
Intro to human resource management (study.com)
nursing fundamentals
health assessment
basic pharmacology
advanced pharmacology
geriatric nursing
adult health
pediatric nursing
psychosocial nursing 2
adult health 2
adult health 3
transition in to practice
human growth and development
psychosocial nursing
TESU has not changed as far as allowing you to transfer in all but the final 2 classes. What has changed is that they require at least 30 RA credits (you definitely meet that requirement). It's also a bit cheaper to do a final 16-credit-term at TESU instead of only doing the final 2 courses through them. If you don't mind paying a couple grand more to only have to take the final capstone/cornerstone at TESU, it's not worth worrying about. Possible TESU degrees are listed here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

I think you're right to be concerned about WGU. I'm not sure that they would take your older credits. However, it is possible to send everything in for evaluation and then defer your enrollment so that you can transfer in more credits.

Another possibility, since you have an AAS already, would be to get a degree at UMPI. They don't really have anything healthcare-related, but you could get a Bachelor of Applied Science with a minor or two: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ If you want to get into clinical research, Project Management might be a good fit?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
First, it's difficult to see what your best option is, if you have things all mixed up, and missing info. So, if you could edit your post to this, it would be super helpful:

School 1 (RA or NA, Semester or Quarter)
Course #, Full course name (at that school), # of credits, grade if less than a C

School 2 (RA or NA, Semester or Quarter)
Course #, Full course name (at that school), # of credits, grade if less than a C

Sophia
Actual course name (you have things listed that are not Sophia's course names so it's impossible to tell you what they'll come in as)
Fundamentals for business (sophia) - is this Intro to Business?
finance skills for managers (sophia) - is this Principles of Finance?
business communication (sophia) - is this Communication at Work?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-27-2022, 03:35 PM)barbio1980 Wrote: My issue is that WGU wont evaluate until you enroll and once you enroll you cant transfer more in.

WGU is free to apply, so nothing lost if you don't enroll.

The process is:

1. Apply
2. Submit transcripts
3. Get transcripts evaluated
4. Get accepted
5. Decide when to start (always first day of a month)
6. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 5 as often as you want
7. Complete intake interview somewhere around the 15th of the month before you start - this locks in your transfers
8. Start your first six-month term on your chosen day

I've sent credits to WGU several times, and they just add it to my transfer evaluation. I've also moved back my start date a couple times. I still haven't completed the intake interview, and I'm still getting transfer credits evaluated.
I am thinking BS in Health Sciences at Excelsior. Otherwise just a general degree so you can be done fast and get started on your certificate.

I think the WGU degree you mentioned would have too many new credits for you to do. Compared to the other options.

Which clinical research certificate are you referring to? Are there other requirements besides just a Bachelors degree, such as science with lab prerequisites? If a Bachelors is all you need, get something you're interested in, if you want to get a check the box degree, a BLSA at Excelsior or UMPI BAS with a concentration should work for you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 263 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Degree Planning Suggestions - Lets Try Again pmsull 27 1,496 02-23-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: pmsull
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Big Grin New user seeking advice, suggestions, any input nancynancy01 3 358 01-08-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,270 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,653 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Help for Daughter w/ Choosing School/Degree/Degree Plan MaMichelle 4 516 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM
  Has anyone used AP credits from high school on transfering to the big three? smtGate 4 369 11-19-2023, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which bachelors/school to attend? Degree Plan Help scorpioninlife 9 770 10-31-2023, 10:57 AM