Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schools that do in-state tuition for new residents?
I understand that typically schools need you to be in-state for a year, and why. I looked it up and I read that sometimes schools have other options. I'm curious what others know about this.

I know one common option is if you or your parent have a full-time job in the new state. 

I saw some options for military families and similar.

I think another one is if you or your parent work at the school?

What about other discounts? If someone can't qualify for in-state tuition, I know there is also stuff like WUE. Is there anything else related besides work-study, grants, scholarships, or family working at the school?

Some schools do not charge out of state tuition for 100% online courses.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Some don't charge out of state tuition if you take only a few credits - they limit it to 1-2 classes at a time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't know what WUE is. I don't know what the other regions have, but I live in the area of the Southern Regional Education Board, and it goes all the way up to Maryland. There's something called the academic common market in SREB. If a program is not offered online in your state, then a school in another state might offer it at in-state rates. The website is being redesigned, but the Electronic Campus for SREB used to allow you to search for schools that have E-Rates which are rates that are charged to all online students regardless of residency.

If you live near a border, there may be schools in a neighboring state that will offer you in-state rates.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-17-2017, 03:23 AM)sanantone Wrote: I don't know what WUE is. I don't know what the other regions have, but I live in the area of the Southern Regional Education Board, and it goes all the way up to Maryland. There's something called the academic common market in SREB. If a program is not offered online in your state, then a school in another state might offer it at in-state rates. The website is being redesigned, but the Electronic Campus for SREB used to allow you to search for schools that have E-Rates which are rates that are charged to all online students regardless of residency.

If you live near a border, there may be schools in a neighboring state that will offer you in-state rates.

WUE is the Western Unvergraduate Exchange - 15 "western" states participate (N and S Dakota are western??).  Similar to what you've described here.

I have friends whose kids went to Univ of Nevada at Reno for in-state rates for NorCal students (although I think they stopped that program, or reduced the benefits).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
WUE (pronounced “woo-wee”) is the Western Undergraduate Exchange, and it is coordinated by WICHE. WUE is a regional tuition-reciprocity agreement that enables students from WICHE states to enroll in more than 150 participating two- and four-year public institutions at 150 percent of the enrolling institution’s resident tuition. WUE is the largest program of its kind in the nation, and has been in operation since 1987! WUE is not a short term exchange—it is meant to be used for a full degree.
http://www.wiche.edu/askWICHE-wue

New England Regional Student Program (NERSP)
More than 800 undergraduate and graduate degree programs are offered through the RSP Tuition Break by New England's 82 public colleges and universities.
http://www.nebhe.org/programs-overview/r.../overview/
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 6 407 04-16-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: kitkat
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 387 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 209 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 692 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,699 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 308 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 811 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 387 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Arizona State University looking to purchase FIDM bjcheung77 7 868 08-24-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: inf
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,203 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic