Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelors TESU Construction Management
So I just finished up my MS Data Science at Eastern University. A good program, not great, but very good.

My brother and I were speaking about a construction company here in CA an I can get three years of experience waived if I have a construction management degree. I received my first degree from TESU (then TESC) in 2009.

I have heard the requirement will be 21 new units for a second degree with them. Also they have a phrase of "TRSFR REQ." on the site for certain courses. is this because they do not offer the courses?

1. is there a residency requirement for courses taken at TESU?

2. Anyone know of cheap ways to meet the following? I will pay if I have to but inexpensive courses are obviously best.

Construction (55 Credits)

CHE-122
General Chemistry II with Lab 4 
-
OR

PHY-116
Physics II with Lab 4 
-
Higher-Level Mathematics above College Algebra 3 STA-201
Principles of Statistics 3  -TRSFR REQ.
Blue Print Reading 3 -TRSFR REQ.
Strength of Materials or Construction Materials 3 -TRSFR REQ.
Safety and Health 3 TRSFR REQ.
Building and Construction Codes 3 -TRSFR REQ.
Contracting 3 -TRSFR REQ.
Cost Estimating 3 -TRSFR REQ.
Construction Electives 21
MAN-435 Project Management 3 
APS-401 Current Trends and Applications in Applied Science and Technology 3

Program Link: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/construction
@addision, there are a few missing variables in play, it's going to be hard to decipher your best course of action. With the limited details, here are the answers.

1) You will need 24 credits that are different and newer than the first Bachelors you have obtained at TESU. Yes, TRSFR REQ. means they don't offer the course and you will need to transfer something equivalent to that, it doesn't have to be exactly the same course name and number.

2) You haven't indicated if you've taken any TECEPS, E-PACKS, or courses at TESU for your first degree. Yes, there is a residency waiver, or if you prefer, you can take 16 credits at TESU instead of paying the fee... It really depends how you would like to slice this pie, some like to take the bare minimum and pay the fee, others like to get 16 graded credits.

3) Which state are you in? CA? Do you have much experience in Construction Management already? If you are very knowledgeable in that field, then a PLA to get the UL requirements would be your best bet and pretty affordable option. For the lower level requirements, you can take them at a community college for cheap.

-TRSFR REQ. Blue Print Reading 3
-TRSFR REQ. Strength of Materials or Construction Materials 3
-TRSFR REQ. Safety and Health 3
-TRSFR REQ. Building and Construction Codes 3
-TRSFR REQ. Contracting 3
-TRSFR REQ. Cost Estimating 3
-TRSFR REQ. Construction Electives 21

PHY-116 Physics II with Lab 4 - Study.com Physics II, TESU Lab
Higher-Level Mathematics above College Algebra 3 - Sophia.org Calculus 1
STA-201 Principles of Statistics 3 - Sophia.org Intro to Statistics
MAN-435 Project Management 3 - Study.com Project Management
APS-401 Current Trends and Applications in Applied Science and Technology 3 - TESU Capstone
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Deleted post.
Thank you for a quick reply.

Other than for my MS degree the only other classes I added after my BS Operations Mgmt was the series of 3 calculus courses at the community college. I never used any TECEP, E-Packs or courses at TESU. I believe I was in one of the last groups that didn't have a residency requirements and I used a 26 units of FEMA credit and 2 Dantes exams with the rest of my traditional credits from colleges.

I will look up the 16 units and residency waiver. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't care about the GPA now that I have a traditional masters degree that is fully graded. I must note that the only question I ever had about the lack of a GPA on my degree was last year when I applied for the masters degree. I just had to tell them why a GPA was not reported and they had no problem with it and allowed me into the program.

Regarding the construction management experience I grew up in construction and for the past 20 years I have rehabbed more than a dozen of my own rentals and flips. 
What was a PLA? Something with prior learning maybe?

I was looking again at the community colleges for units. If the courses I listed do need to be transferred in then I would most likely use those to meet the bulk of the requirements. I already had the statistics you listed for my 1st degree. I am going to send all my transcripts this week for an evaluation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 736 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 141 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy