Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sl c++
Does anyone know if TESC will accept this course for the CIS degree?
TESC BSBA CIS
WGU MS Information Security and Assurance

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Intro to Stats

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL
Business Communications - Acct. II - Intro to C++

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Networking Technologies - TECEP
Systems A and D

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone, IT Professionals

Microsoft
MS Virtualization - 70-659

Free-electives - Private Pilot
stretcharmy Wrote:Does anyone know if TESC will accept this course for the CIS degree?
This course is ACE accredited, so it should be acceptable for your programming language credit or as a CIS elective. It would still be a good idea to e-mail/call TESC and confirm.
Thanks, I was going to schedule an advisor appointment anyway. Guess I just have to make sure I get everything in writing afterwards based on what people say in the forums.
TESC BSBA CIS

ALEKS

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Systems A and D

TEEX

Microsoft

stretcharmy Wrote:Thanks, I was going to schedule an advisor appointment anyway. Guess I just have to make sure I get everything in writing afterwards based on what people say in the forums.

I have no doubt this would be accepted, but it's always good to have it confirmed. StraighterLine also has an equivalency checker if you plan on taking other courses (note: they don't have all courses in their equivalency checker). Would this happen to be your first StraighterLine course? You can get a free course if you use the following code (one-time only offer for new users) http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post157389.
I started Business Comm on friday. SL seems pretty easy so far. I used the 2 for 1 deal
TESC BSBA CIS

ALEKS

CLEP

DSST

SL

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Systems A and D

TEEX

Microsoft

stretcharmy Wrote:I started Business Comm on friday. SL seems pretty easy so far. I used the 2 for 1 deal
I've read good reviews about that course. I plan on completing my Business Communications credits through the free* Corporate Communications course at BUS210: Corporate Communication « Saylor.org – Free Online Courses Built by Professors. There are practice quizzes and practice exams, but to get credit you just need to pass the final exam. They offer two other courses for credit too, see http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...iness.html for more info. HorseManiac took the final exam for this course and posted a review of it at http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...eview.html.

*The final exam is proctored, and you have the option of taking it either through ProctorU ($25 fee) or arranging an in-person proctor.
Finished my Bus comm class. It took me a little longer due to the holidays getting in the way. One suggestion, don't get fancy with the writing and trying too hard. keep it simple. Oh, and for the long report DON'T follow sample 2 for the internet usage. They included a template in the sample and when I did this, even though my word count was way over the 1200-1500 they accused me of trying to cheat because I used a free SANS institute template and it scored a high percentage even though it was cited. I ended up dumbing down each line in the template to get the % down.
TESC BSBA CIS

ALEKS

CLEP

DSST

SL

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Systems A and D

TEEX

Microsoft