Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So close! Need Help
Hello all, was wondering if Intermediate accounting 1 & 2 applied towards the Upper level finance electives needed for a BSBA Finance degree at Thomas Edison State University.
I also have cost accounting, would that count towards it?
Cost accounting is the only upper level course you have in accounting.
What you might want to do actually is list all your courses you've taken.
We can create a plan of attacking the rest of the credits you need.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Denouden Wrote:Hello all, was wondering if Intermediate accounting 1 & 2 applied towards the Upper level finance electives needed for a BSBA Finance degree at Thomas Edison State University.
I also have cost accounting, would that count towards it?

Intermediate 1 and 2 are LL.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Yea I was originally interested in the Accounting degree and have finished everything aside from the the 3 upper level accounting electives needed. I think I have come to an impasse and fear that I may be unable to complete the 2 auditing courses and should instead look at another similar degree. Figured they were close enough that I could use those bits toward a degree in finance and complete 3 other upper level finance courses to finish it off?
No accounting courses count towards the FIN AOS, so you're out of luck there.

Have you taken Study.com's Applied Managerial Accounting and Advanced Accounting courses? How about SL's Managerial Accounting (which comes in as Cost Accounting ACC-303)? All are UL, and while maybe not EASY, are totally doable - lots of people on here have taken all of these, passed, and gotten TESU's BSBA in Accounting.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com's Applied Managerial Accounting and Advanced Accounting where pretty easy classes if you already done Intermediate I and II (depending how you got these credits). I actually did those two courses before either of the Intermediate Accounting stuff so you are already a leg up and I wouldn't be worried for you to take them. So if you take those two and already have Cost Accounting you need 1 more UL AoS for the accounting degree. For me I will be taking the TECEP for Federal Income Taxation probably the quickest route to finish out the degree. You are most likely better off finishing out the Accounting degree unless you have decided accounting is not something you want to do at all, then I would certainly switch at that point.

Sorry for rambling, back to my main point those two courses from study.com where not bad at all I think I completed each one in about a week. And that is with being enrolled full time in B&M courses and working fulltime. They don't require much to get through. If you know your ratios then Advanced Accounting Project will be a breeze.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
So the AOS for a BSBA General Management could looks like this?

Core Specializations
Intermediate Accounting 1- Straighterline
Financial Management Principles of Finance (UL)- Pen Foster
Organizational Behavior (UL)- Straighterline

Electives
Intermediate Accounting 2 (UL)-- Pen Foster
Consumer Behavior (UL)--Pen Foster

And then find an additional elective course to throw in there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AA Liberal Arts via CLEP only or close to it. spaceycowboy 5 877 08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AA from the big 3... am I close? lillingworth 25 2,319 03-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  So close I can feel yet so far deucess 0 361 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: deucess
  How Close Am I To Associates? Nerheim55 6 1,264 07-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Last Post: KayV
  Close to enrolling in TESC, but have a few questions, mainly about load. spare_liver 4 637 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Soooooo close! publius2k4 6 754 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  Close to completing BA in Computer Science at TESC. Need some advice. beastmaster 3 724 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Last Post: beastmaster
  Close to Finishing Traditional College but... StarTorch 13 1,275 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Stitching Belle
  How Close Am I ?..............Degree Plan Help fuzzair 5 1,311 11-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Fully testing out (or close to) Mitchmcc 6 1,429 10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Last Post: cookderosa