Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia/COSC Proj Management?
I got a 96% a lot of it is common sense, but all the answers are certainly in the text. I do have at least a basic knowledge of the subject. For comparison, Sociology took me less than a day also(super easy 94%) , but ethics took 2 days and I barely passed ~80%.
TESU Degrees
BSAT: Military Technology and Leadership In Progress 
AAS: Military Technology and Leadership 3/2017

SL:  Information Technology Fundamentals  
Sophia: Developing Effective TeamsIntroduction to EthicsIntroduction to SociologyProject ManagementThe Essentials of Managing Conflict 
ALEKS: College AlgebraIntermediate AlgebraIntroduction to StatisticsPreCalculusTrigonometry
Course Review: Easy Medium Hard
(05-09-2020, 05:08 PM)EvilSandman Wrote: I got a 96% a lot of it is common sense, but all the answers are certainly in the text. I do have at least a basic knowledge of the subject. For comparison, Sociology took me less than a day also(super easy 94%) , but ethics took 2 days and I barely passed ~80%.

It has been awhile since I have done a Sophia Final.  About how many question are on the final?
These sophia classes take a day a lot of the time, thats why cosc is forcing people to do 30 class room hours starting july 1st. Sophia is comically easy
Sophia isn't really any easier than any other entry-level college course. The in-person classes just have to be able to cater to the slowest people in the class. You're not really learning less with Sophia; your learning just isn't artificially stretched out like with in-person classes. Sophia is, for the most part, internet-based CLEP.
(05-09-2020, 09:41 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: These sophia classes take a day a lot of the time, thats why cosc is forcing people to do 30 class room hours starting july 1st. Sophia is comically easy
This is not True!!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
I will revise my comment i will only apply that to the classes ive taken. Project management and into to rel.

6 credits in 1 day for a subject that ive never touched ever (project management and religion) and then take a final without proctoring was never going to fly long term. Thats why cosc is adding this 30credit requirement, cosc doesnt want to hand out watered down degrees
(05-10-2020, 09:58 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: I will revise my comment i will only apply that to the classes ive taken. Project management and into to rel.

6 credits in 1 day for a subject that ive never touched ever (project management and religion) and then take a final without proctoring was never going to fly long term. Thats why cosc is adding this 30credit requirement, cosc doesnt want to hand out watered down degrees

You know, your post that it's so easy - not helpful!  THAT'S one of the reasons I'm sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
(05-10-2020, 10:08 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 09:58 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: I will revise my comment i will only apply that to the classes ive taken. Project management and into to rel.

You know, your post that it's so easy - not helpful!  THAT'S one of the reasons I'm sure.
Someone in this thread already said he did this class in 2hours... 2hours for 3 ul credits ... this class is objectively too easy(and at least the classes ive taken at sophia). Dont get mad at me because cosc doesnt want to give out watered down degrees.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clepking100's post:
  • dfrecore, EvilSandman
Again, you're learning about as much with Sophia as you are with any so-called "real" college classes. Some of them (college algebra) are poorly written in parts. But I'm still learning and re-learning bits I'd forgotten. English comp is at least as rigorous, if not more so, than a CLEP. And if you already know the material, why would you want to pay for and sit in an expensive months-long class that just reiterates what you already know?

Personally, I am a fast reader and a pretty fast learner. That's the only reason why I'm able to get through some of these Sophia courses in an expedient manner. I would be bored out of my mind if I were stuck in Freshman-level "real" classes right now.

Most universities are just out there to take as much money from students as they can get away with. Saying that a certain class is "fake" or "not real" just because it doesn't meet in person is ridiculous.
I never once mentioned it was too easy because it wasnt in person.

I passed proj management in less than a day with no prior knowlege and took a non proctoded final and rec 3 ul credits. I am sorry, THATS too easy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,068 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,902 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 795 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,439 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,117 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,358 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,889 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,295 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,934 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,686 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso