Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Credits as Electives
I was reading the degree plans on the Miraheze Wiki page for UMPI degrees. It states that I can use any Sophia credits to fulfill the elective requirements. Does that mean any classes on Sophia will fulfill the requirements for the electives?
(08-08-2023, 01:46 PM)kennetim000 Wrote: I was reading the degree plans on the Miraheze Wiki page for UMPI degrees. It states that I can use any Sophia credits to fulfill the elective requirements. Does that mean any classes on Sophia will fulfill the requirements for the electives?

Pretty much any course except College Readiness.

Check the Sophia.org Equivalency List

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Yes, That's correct, anything from Sophia.org that isn't going to be part of your General Education, or the Major, will go towards the electives field.  You can have a max of 90 relevant credits coming in from Sophia.org, you can take more if you want, but it will not be part of the degree plan and go into the 'other field'.  I mentioned this in your previous thread here, you may want to review it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ack-needed

To be on the safe side, again, ACE is NOT RA as you're not taking it from an accredited institution:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...accredited  Last but not least, you should only work on Sophia.org alone, then work on UMPI by itself, do not take them at the same time as you mentioned here, it'll be a waste of your time for each subscription or session: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...nding-UMPI
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am cruising through the GEC requirements for the BLS in Educational Studies, can I take either class to suffice for the 1C requirement?

Do I need to take both classes or can I choose to just take US Government? Because US Government works for 1C and also Public Speaking as well.
Take them both, you're going for the BLS Educational Studies minor, you'll need up to 90 credits for transfer credit anyways, 60 of them are free electives of anything you want... So, you can use the second course for that electives area!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 325 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 211 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 191 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 330 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 363 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  Do credits expire? mattbau43 10 424 04-10-2024, 04:28 PM
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 263 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 494 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 299 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 232 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM