Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Intro to Networking Transfer
Anyone have an idea of what course this turns into when transferred to TESU?
It will probably be Intro to Networking ITS-1400. Less likely, but possible, would be the LL Networking CMP-254 like SDC's offering.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hmm, that's what I would think as well, we won't really know until TESU evaluates and someone tries to transfer and reports what really comes of that transfer... OP, you know you want to be the guinea pig...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-30-2023, 03:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, that's what I would think as well, we won't really know until TESU evaluates and someone tries to transfer and reports what really comes of that transfer... OP, you know you want to be the guinea pig...
I will see if maybe the registrar might be able to let me know beforehand. I’ll report back if they let me know.
It used to come in as ITS-140, but TESU no longer accepts it at all (as of 3/31/2020).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What? Sophia's Intro to Networking is new as of this year: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ed-Courses
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-30-2023, 02:47 PM)rachel83az Wrote: What? Sophia's Intro to Networking is new as of this year: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ed-Courses

Oops - sorry, that was the SDC course that they stopped accepting.

I'm going to guess the Sophia one will be in the same boat though - TESU won't take it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So I received a reply from the Registrar's Office. This is what they said:

"We have not yet received that course for transfer so we have to have the dean create an equivalency. I will ask that it be created. I am 99% sure it will be a lower level course since that is the ACE recommendation. Please check with advising in about 2 weeks if you wish to know if it can apply to your degree. Best wishes. "

So it looks like there is currently not an equivalency for it currently.
Cool, that's what I was thinking, someone has to be the guinea pig or at least 'ask' for more details... I'm thinking along the lines of post #2 as well if it's accepted.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2023, 08:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Cool, that's what I was thinking, someone has to be the guinea pig or at least 'ask' for more details... I'm thinking along the lines of post #2 as well if it's accepted.

Ok I’m back with the answer. Straight from the senior evaluator:

“The Dean has approved awarding TESU course ITS-1400 Introduction to Networking for 3 credits for the Sophia Intro to Networking course.”

So now we know!
[-] The following 2 users Like Niketay's post:
  • LevelUP, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 210 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 226 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 324 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,758 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 852 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,065 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 515 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 802 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Sophia to TESU Carnation 3 517 12-27-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 643 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple