Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia history course not currently accepted at TESU
FYI for anyone taking Sophia U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future......

We sent my daughter's final batch of Sophia credits to be added to her TESU academic evaluation and received the following response regarding U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future:

Quote:"Thomas Edison State University will accept in transfer most ACE reviewed courses/exams on the transcript that include both a badge from the offering organization as well as an ACE badge. Since there was no ACE badge included for the following items, credit was not added to your record. Please request an updated transcript be sent to transcripts @tesu.edu for the following:

-SOPHIA Learning, U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future"

I contacted Sophia and they are looking into why the ACE recommendation is not showing up on the Credly badge. It is showing up on the ACE website so it is probably just a matter of someone adding it to the Credly page.

Anyway, I contacted Sophia last week. I will continue to follow up every week until this is resolved (not trying to be annoying, but..... Wink ).
I contacted Sophia about this ~1 month ago and they said that the ACE stuff would be added "in a couple of days". Very annoying that it's still not there. Let us know what TESU thinks of it when the ACE recommendation is finally added!

Also, thanks for the incidental reminder. I took Introductory Applied Math, completed it, and I was STILL not able to claim a badge for it at least a month later. I just contacted support and they issued the badge. Now I can send that to TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Murdockb
Well, the new Sophia history course is one I was planning on taking.   Hopefully they'll resolve that issue in the near future or I may choose another class instead just to be safe.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
Still not fixed. I followed up with Sophia again and emailed Acclaim today. I can't imagine this is a hard fix. The task just needs to fall on the correct desk. Sophia, if you are reading this.....help!

It's fixed! The Sophia course U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future now has the ACE recommendation on the Credly transcript. I'm sending the transcript to TESU this evening.

I ended up contacting the support at Acclaim (or Credly, whatever, the names are so confusing). They were super helpful and found me the right person to fix it. 

[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • NC Coach, rachel83az
(08-31-2021, 06:18 PM)Murdockb Wrote: It's fixed! The Sophia course U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future now has the ACE recommendation on the Credly transcript. I'm sending the transcript to TESU this evening.

I ended up contacting the support at Acclaim (or Credly, whatever, the names are so confusing). They were super helpful and found me the right person to fix it. 

Great news!    Let us know for sure when TESU accepts it, please.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 212 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy