Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing)
Has anyone had any success transfering this class in?
https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...62&pid=137
Do you mean Study.com Python? That will transfer into Intro to programming in Python. 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-09-2022, 12:10 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Do you mean Study.com Python? That will transfer into Intro to programming in Python. 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

Theres a new one on sophia that iant addressed on the wgu skte
A few things, patience is a virtue, for reference you may want to review this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...munication

1) As per the thread, the course was introduced Early June and released June 20th. Not many people would have taken the course and/or tried to transfer.
2) Sophia.org nor WGU have updated their transfer policies to reflect this, it's confusing as you used .com instead, so LevelUP thought you meant Study.com
3) I would wait and have WGU evaluate this accordingly, if you haven't applied to WGU yet... maybe email Sophia.org and see if they have any info

Edit to Add: I'll change the title to reflect Sophia.org instead
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'd be interested in knowing if Sophia's new classes of Introduction to Programming with Python, Business Communication, or Calculus I transfer as anything into WGU for Computer Science. None are listed yet on the WGU partner site, but I would take them if they transferred as something. I have seen people speculating as to what they would transfer as but haven't heard of anyone having tried to transfer them yet.
(07-19-2022, 10:56 AM)DirectEpic Wrote: I'd be interested in knowing if Sophia's new classes of Introduction to Programming with Python, Business Communication, or Calculus I transfer as anything into WGU for Computer Science. None are listed yet on the WGU partner site, but I would take them if they transferred as something. I have seen people speculating as to what they would transfer as but haven't heard of anyone having tried to transfer them yet.

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean the course won't transfer as it's a new course.

Calculus, at least math, is math, so if it doesn't transfer, you can take it somewhere else.

Intro programming with python would be a lot different than the SDC course. And also, since the assignment for data structures is in Java, I would recommend taking it at SDC.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • DirectEpic, kidneysmasher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 128 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,076 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 6,811 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 609 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 686 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,853 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,398 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 945 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,592 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,268 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore