Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major
Hey everyone! I’m currently enrolled at UMPI for a history focused degree and I currently am sitting at about 21 credits. I was wondering if anyone had any specific information on what classes I should take on Sophia. And if it’s possible to transfer these credits over! Thanks for your time.
We can't tell you anything without knowing what you already have!

However, you do not want to take UMPI's science or foreign language credits. If you don't already have these requirements covered, you should take Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 at Sophia (non-History degrees can take just Spanish 1 or French 1). You should also take Human Biology, Human Biology Lab, and Environmental Science.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Okay great! I’ve already done us history 1 and 2, world civ 1 and 2, ENG 101, POS 101, SOC 100, and intro to Ethics.
You can check out the degree plan here for more suggestions: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@Atwygon, Wait, hold your horses! What you should do right now is to complete whatever classes you have open and in progress with UMPI, once those are done, you want to complete classes that can't be transferred into UMPI. What you need is to review the link provided for the degree, create a spreadsheet for reference and tracking purposes, place it as a viewable (not editable) file on your Google/One drive and link us to it.

We will comment on what changes may need to be done... You should again, from the spreadsheet/wiki, do classes at UMPI that can't be transferred in using Sophia.org or another provider. You're going to then 'pause' your UMPI studies as it's a waste of money on more than one subscription... Get all the Sophia.org classes done to transfer in when you're on pause from UMPI. That's your homework, update us...

If you have a bit of time, do the addendum/template here to provide us an overall picture of your scenario, this will help us, help you much better and provide you concrete advice and direction on your next steps: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 402 7 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia course: Criminology Kab 6 307 07-25-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 3 743 07-24-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kioslap
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 561 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Sophia Course Retirement Alert AllThose299s 8 1,252 07-14-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 147 83,071 07-13-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Quatchi
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 10 492 07-11-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU doesn't accept SOPHIA? burbuja0512 11 775 07-07-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 9 1,954 07-03-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 222 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77