Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia to COSC
Hoping to take advantage of the Sophia free deal. My sons are headed for COSC. Is the "guaranteed transfer" page the absolute guide for what will transfer?

Wondering:

Will Intro to Ethics tick Ethics requirement? - update I heard it will not
Will Accounting or Intro to Stats tick business degree requirement?

Thanks!
I just asked the same thing about the Public Speaking course wondering if it would satisfy the Oral Communications requirement.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

Sophia Intro to stats comes in as stats 105. If you need Business Stats the Straighterline course is really straight forward.

Here's a full list of course equivalences. If it isn't listed in my experience they just bring it in as a free elective. https://charteroak.sophia.org/home

Also Double check with your adviser the list in the link hasn't been updated since last summer so things could have changed since I took a few of these.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
[-] The following 1 user Likes withrown's post:
  • Clepper43
The list is outdated, but they come in as you would expect. Public Speaking will work for Oral Comm. Intro to Ethics SHOULD work for the Ethics requirement, not sure who told you it won't?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Michelle779
(03-20-2020, 08:07 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: Hoping to take advantage of the Sophia free deal. My sons are headed for COSC. Is the "guaranteed transfer" page the absolute guide for what will transfer?

Wondering:

Will Intro to Ethics tick Ethics requirement? - update I heard it will not
Thanks!

agreeing with above poster to double check what you were told. It's possible the person was talking about a non-sophia ethics such as the insurance one from the Institutes as that one does not work for ethics at cosc.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • Clepper43, john2020
(03-20-2020, 01:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The list is outdated, but they come in as you would expect.  Public Speaking will work for Oral Comm.  Intro to Ethics SHOULD work for the Ethics requirement, not sure who told you it won't?

It was someone on the hs4cc FB page...They said they were told if it isn't on the transfer page, they don't take it. Of course that could have been a pat answer?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepper43's post:
  • john2020
(03-20-2020, 02:45 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The list is outdated, but they come in as you would expect.  Public Speaking will work for Oral Comm.  Intro to Ethics SHOULD work for the Ethics requirement, not sure who told you it won't?

It was someone on the hs4cc FB page...They said they were told if it isn't on the transfer page, they don't take it. Of course that could have been a pat answer?

Yes, I think it was.  Again, the list is outdated.  English Comp II isn't on there - but they will take English Comp I, so why wouldn't they take II?  Same with Art History II - it's not on there but they'll take I.  The reason they're left off is because it hasn't been updated, not because they won't take the newer courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
Thank you for posting.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
following...

Would love it if SophiaLearning would chime in here and give us an update. My husband is using Sophia (loves the format) for a LOT of his classes, and this new free thing is what got him to finally get going. COSC hasn't answered me yet on what their evaluation list is going to be, so I'm torn on whether or not to just add ALL of the classes to his account or not.
-----
Testing through BA In Mathematics via TESU - Graduation planned in 2020
Attending ECPI Online for Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelors - Graduation planned in 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes dharmastudios's post:
  • Clepper43
(04-08-2020, 07:05 AM)dharmastudios Wrote: following...

Would love it if SophiaLearning would chime in here and give us an update. My husband is using Sophia (loves the format) for a LOT of his classes, and this new free thing is what got him to finally get going. COSC hasn't answered me yet on what their evaluation list is going to be, so I'm torn on whether or not to just add ALL of the classes to his account or not.

Register for COSC and get all your courses pre-approved.  That's a guarantee.  Suggesting that Sophia, which is providing free courses, somehow prove itself is ridiculous.  COSC will accept all or almost all of ACE approved courses.  Any exceptions would be oddballs.  TESU is the hard school to work with, not COSC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Guy's post:
  • BigDaddy1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 859 4 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,774 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 99 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 482 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,415 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 379 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 729 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 987 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 254 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 973 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab