Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South College - EdD Program
(09-27-2022, 04:12 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 03:13 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 11:16 PM)PrettyFlyforaChiGuy Wrote: Did anyone ever pursue the EdD program?

I start the DBA with them this fall in Oct. Almost same except 2 courses and of course more a business focus. It will be the first DBA cohort.

From what I understand, it looks like a student may complete the EdD in a year, a half dozen or more or so on track to complete in a year and a half. Keep in mind the first EdD cohort started last fall, so it is not yet a year .

I think it is worth mentioning here @Prettyflyforachiguy (very clever name btw) that South College does *not* have a DBA program, but, South University does have a DBA program. South College *does* have an Educational Doctorate EDD with a concentration in Org Leadership or Adult Education and Development which might also be a fit for me as I am a training and instructional design consultant in the Software industry. Do you mean South College or South University?

Education Seeker

Well, I start my DBA on Oct 1st at South college. It is the first DBA cohort there.

No idea about South University
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(09-28-2022, 12:22 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 04:12 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 03:13 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 11:16 PM)PrettyFlyforaChiGuy Wrote: Did anyone ever pursue the EdD program?

I start the DBA with them this fall in Oct. Almost same except 2 courses and of course more a business focus. It will be the first DBA cohort.

From what I understand, it looks like a student may complete the EdD in a year, a half dozen or more or so on track to complete in a year and a half. Keep in mind the first EdD cohort started last fall, so it is not yet a year .

I think it is worth mentioning here @Prettyflyforachiguy (very clever name btw) that South College does *not* have a DBA program, but, South University does have a DBA program. South College *does* have an Educational Doctorate EDD with a concentration in Org Leadership or Adult Education and Development which might also be a fit for me as I am a training and instructional design consultant in the Software industry. Do you mean South College or South University?

Education Seeker

Well, I start my DBA on Oct 1st at South college. It is the first DBA cohort there.

No idea about South University

Is your DBA program at South College at the Knoxville, TN campus? After contacting South College, they did say they had a DBA program, but, it was just at the Knoxville, TN campus and not online. Are you local to that area or do they have like a residency program once a month on the weekends or are classes every week on weekends or during the evening time?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(09-29-2022, 11:28 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: Is your DBA program at South College at the Knoxville, TN campus? After contacting South College, they did say they had a DBA program, but, it was just at the Knoxville, TN campus and not online. Are you local to that area or do they have like a residency program once a month on the weekends or are classes every week on weekends or during the evening time?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

It is part of the Knoxville campus and not the online campus. It's 100% online. There are no residencies.
(09-29-2022, 11:30 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:28 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: Is your DBA program at South College at the Knoxville, TN campus? After contacting South College, they did say they had a DBA program, but, it was just at the Knoxville, TN campus and not online. Are you local to that area or do they have like a residency program once a month on the weekends or are classes every week on weekends or during the evening time?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

It is part of the Knoxville campus and not the online campus. It's 100% online. There are no residencies.

@ss20ts-

I would be interested to hear about your experience with the program. I did get in contact with Hannah in the Admissions program today.

What concentration are you picking? I was looking at Organizational Leadership.

Also, how long do you think it will take you to complete the program? I know results can vary by individual, but, Hannah stated that it is $6000 flat rate per term and a motivated student could do it in 2 to 2.5 years so I am looking at cost of about $24-30k for an average student as an estimate.

What other DBA programs have you looked at and what you pick South College?

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(09-29-2022, 01:34 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @ss20ts-

I would be interested to hear about your experience with the program. I did get in contact with Hannah in the Admissions program today.

What concentration are you picking? I was looking at Organizational Leadership.

Also, how long do you think it will take you to complete the program? I know results can vary by individual, but, Hannah stated that it is $6000 flat rate per term and a motivated student could do it in 2 to 2.5 years so I am looking at cost of about $24-30k for an average student as an estimate.

What other DBA programs have you looked at and what you pick South College?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

I'm not doing my DBA at South College. I want a university not a college for my doctorate. I'm looking for a school that I can travel to for commencement. I'd also prefer a CBE program. I want a capstone or project and not a dissertation. In person residencies aren't possible for me so that really shortens the list. There's a Facebook group for SC's CBE doctoral degrees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
Sounds like Capella University might fit you
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • ashkir
(09-29-2022, 03:58 PM)newdegree Wrote: Sounds like Capella University might fit you

It's under consideration.
(02-28-2022, 03:51 PM)jb0433 Wrote: Has anyone here has any experience with South College EdD program? Or know anyone who's enrolled in that particular program? If so share your insight because I'm curious to know will that be a foundational solid program to pote

Ok I'm bumping this older thread rather than start a new one. Has anyone graduated from the program yet. South's EDD is checking a lot of boxes for me. Especially the competency based model and the cost.
You'll get a better overview on South College courses, current student and graduates on the Facebook group:[/url]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/911435553105116]South College' Unofficial' CBE Ed.D. & DBA Program

There haven't been any graduates in this forum or real traction of progress outside of inquiries into South College.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(02-28-2023, 10:30 PM)KSoul Wrote: You'll get a better overview on South College courses, current student and graduates on the Facebook group:[/url]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/911435553105116]South College' Unofficial' CBE Ed.D. & DBA Program

There haven't been any graduates in this forum or real traction of progress outside of inquiries into South College.

Would you be willing to post some of the pro/con statements of both programs on here? I don't have FB and don't intend to get it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comptency based Doctor of Science program Randomkud1234 1 64 Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 77 8,637 04-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: lidel
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 16,957 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 843 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 11,287 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 4,716 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 4,030 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 302 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  advice sought on doctoral program EducationSeeker 9 1,255 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Harry101
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 12,965 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983