Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Texas College
I contacted STC i'm thinking in doing the CBE to get an associate degree in computer science and an Bachelor in information technology
has some one has a study plan for this College??
look the 2 degree requirements 
https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/ba...eeplantext

https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/ce...eeplantext

I got some responses today.

"Hi Gabriel,

Glad to hear that you are interested in the Bachelor’s Program in CIT.  For this degree, you will only need Programming Fundaments I which teaches the C++ programming language.  For the technical specialty courses, you may transfer the courses from your associates degree to count towards the technical specialty requirement.  For instance, if you do take programming II and III to earn the Associate’s in Computer Science, then this courses can count towards the number of required hours in the technical specialty requirement.  If you earn a different Associates, then those other courses can also apply as long as they are in a related field of study, such as networking, information technology, cybersecurity, or other STEM degree. 

The Internship can involving working at an organization or doing a project online, but it does require report writing regarding your work.  The internship is 140 hours, but you can also take a course called cybersecurity assessments instead of the capstone.

As far as the post-tests for the CBE courses, they are project-based assessments.  So if you take a web design class for instance, then your post-test will be creating a website meeting certain requirements.  These types of assessments cannot really be proctored.  Some classes may require setting up virtual machines and documenting your work through a combination of screenshots and short descriptions.

You may reach out to Manuel Sanchez our academic coach.  He can help you get registered and guide you through the entire program.   

msanch11@southtexascollege.edu
956-872-7286"

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
So, you going for both the Associates in Computer Science and then moving up to the Bachelors in CIT, just make sure to get all the prerequisites that can be transferable to their degree plan before you begin. Their program seems as simple as the UMPI and other CBE options, they're a very good option especially for the price... Their only caveat is that they allow 75% transfer credit but doesn't seem to allow "ACE" or alternative credit. However, having said that, they allow use of CLEP, AP, IB, etc, and can get up to 75% (90 credits from CLEP alone). Link: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/sc...amination/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-08-2021, 06:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, you going for both the Associates in Computer Science and then moving up to the Bachelors in CIT, just make sure to get all the prerequisites that can be transferable to their degree plan before you begin.  Their program seems as simple as the UMPI and other CBE options, they're a very good option especially for the price... Their only caveat is that they allow 75% transfer credit but doesn't seem to allow "ACE" or alternative credit.  However, having said that, they allow use of CLEP, AP, IB, etc, and can get up to 75% (90 credits from CLEP alone).  Link: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/sc...amination/

Hello, the project of STC comparing with Tesu, which is the best for people who did not have the experience of Computer Science before? I mean which can be quicker and easier to get the degree.
(09-29-2022, 10:43 PM)zoey_ Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, you going for both the Associates in Computer Science and then moving up to the Bachelors in CIT, just make sure to get all the prerequisites that can be transferable to their degree plan before you begin.  Their program seems as simple as the UMPI and other CBE options, they're a very good option especially for the price... Their only caveat is that they allow 75% transfer credit but doesn't seem to allow "ACE" or alternative credit.  However, having said that, they allow use of CLEP, AP, IB, etc, and can get up to 75% (90 credits from CLEP alone).  Link: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/sc...amination/

Hello, the project of STC comparing with Tesu, which is the best for people who did not have the experience of Computer Science before? I mean which can be quicker and easier to get the degree.

I'm a tad confused, South Texas College and TESU has different offerings, STC is a BAT-CIT and TESU is most likely a BACS you're referring to... the requirements are different for each institution and if you have RA credits already, TESU may be cheaper, easier, faster in the long run as you can transfer in 113/114 credits, using Sophia.org for lower level and Study.com for the upper-level requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 260 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,821 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 378 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 883 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Texas A&M University-Commerce him22 7 1,451 10-29-2023, 12:48 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC Texas History? ltw900rr 29 2,206 10-23-2023, 07:43 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Nichols College BS in Business Administration karehiro 25 3,342 04-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Snow College accelerated AS - review/help IReallyNeedADegree 43 3,035 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  What is the best college/option for me? ZKL111 20 2,089 03-17-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 785 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az