Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Class Replacement?
Oh really? Is there anywhere I can check what classes from UoPeople have been accepted?
Go to https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle and click on the official transfer database link. Click on the "Transfer Course Equivalencies" link in the middle of the screen. If it tells you bad/invalid password, click the back button on your browser and try again after about 10 seconds.

Once you're in, click on the button that starts with "Transfer Courses". Click the radio button next to University of Maine at Presque Isle, then click the letter U. University of the People is almost all the way at the bottom of the list.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-15-2023, 09:25 AM)allvia Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 09:11 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can take American Sign Language at another school and transfer it in. Some community colleges offer it. I looked into taking it at a community college where I live, but it was going to cost over $700 and I was like nope. That's half my UMPI tuition. I ended up taking Spanish at UMPI as Sophia wasn't an option at that time.

@ss20ts - but it is my understanding you would not recommend taking it at UMPI, is that correct?  Sophia is the best option overall (in your opinion)?

I 100% do NOT recommend taking it at UMPI. I'd spend 6 months on it on Sophia over UMPI. I feel like the course at UMPI is going to be more difficult even without the difficulties of the professor. She's particular about the grammar and annunciation. I feel like Sophia would give you more leeway with it comes to pronouncing foreign words. They also don't have Milestones. It sounds like the written assignments in Sophia are easier and shorter than the Final Assessment.

(06-15-2023, 09:29 AM)jmar1976 Wrote: I know, right?! Plus I do have some Comm Coll credits so right now I'm at 55 credits. I mistakenly took some UoPeople courses which I think won't transfer and that was longggggg...8 weeks each term but that was 12 credits that will be not worth anything otherwise I'd have more. But the regional accreditation is important for me to graduate with the Bachelors because I'm hoping to jump right into a Masters Program. 

UMPI does accept transfer credit from U of the P. They have in the past. There's quite a few courses they've accepted. So don't stress over this!

I would create a spreadsheet with what you need for UMPI. I don't see which degree you're working on. Then fill in what you've completed at your community college and U of the P. You may be close to 90 credits. I would definitely complete the foreign language and science requirements on Sophia. You don't want to take them at UMPI. You may also be able to get more courses completed on Sophia so you'll have less to take at UMPI. You may have to go over 90 credits because you want to get as much of the GEC done on Sophia as possible and some of your electives. Depending on which degree you're going for, you may also be able to get some of the major/concentration/minor requirements completed as well.
OK!! Thank you for this information! I was able to see that all 12 credits that I took at UoPeople will in fact transfer! I can't believe it! I am so happy over that. One class-- Business Communications actually transfers in as PCJ 215 for the management minor option at UMPI. BUT...I have been in business so long I just hate business classes anymore and want to do the education minor and then go straight into Masters program for either counseling or teaching. Haven't decided on that but just decided my main goal right now is to get that Bachelors no matter what.

I can't get over the wealth of knowledge and help on this forum! I mean wow.

Also...totally agree on the science and Spanish at Sophia now. And for me it's the Maths too. Even if it took me longer I will save so much money. I'm glad I heard all the perspective here...and money talks at this point in the game for me.

Also...yes, I created a spreadsheet in Google Sheets and it's just so satisfying ticking off each thing as I go....!! If I can pull this off I will be like so happy with life. haha
(06-15-2023, 03:11 PM)jmar1976 Wrote: OK!! Thank you for this information! I was able to see that all 12 credits that I took at UoPeople will in fact transfer! I can't believe it! I am so happy over that. One class-- Business Communications actually transfers in as PCJ 215 for the management minor option at UMPI. BUT...I have been in business so long I just hate business classes anymore and want to do the education minor and then go straight into Masters program for either counseling or teaching. Haven't decided on that but just decided my main goal right now is to get that Bachelors no matter what.

I can't get over the wealth of knowledge and help on this forum! I mean wow.

Also...totally agree on the science and Spanish at Sophia now. And for me it's the Maths too. Even if it took me longer I will save so much money. I'm glad I heard all the perspective here...and money talks at this point in the game for me.

Also...yes, I created a spreadsheet in Google Sheets and it's just so satisfying ticking off each thing as I go....!! If I can pull this off I will be like so happy with life. haha

Just an FYI, the Management minor is supposed to be much faster than the Education minor, so keep that in mind.  For someone who already has a lot of business experience, it should be a breeze for you - which may mean easy A's, which would lead to a better GPA for a master's program admission.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
I know...I've read that here and even knowing that I might have to just do that because I don't really think it matters what the Bachelors is in to go onto a Masters, right? It matters about GPA mostly?

Easy A's and fast also speak to me loudly (next to cheap)..lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jmar1976's post:
  • ss20ts
@jmar1976, it really depends on which Masters you're going for. About 20% will be Semi-competitive to highly competitive, they'll look at your GPA and an overall application package. For the remaining 80% that's not as competitive, your UMPI GPA will be sufficient enough (along with your previous college credits, and ACE). It's a good idea to not just shoot at a pass for the course, each person has their own mix/match balance... Since you're putting time and effort into getting the course complete, shoot for a little higher even though a pass is a pass in most cases.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-15-2023, 03:35 PM)jmar1976 Wrote: I know...I've read that here and even knowing that I might have to just do that because I don't really think it matters what the Bachelors is in to go onto a Masters, right? It matters about GPA mostly?

Easy A's and fast also speak to me loudly (next to cheap)..lol

Paths to becoming a teacher vary from state to state. You should look into your own states options to becoming a licensed teacher. There are a number of schools, including WGU (who likely cover most states requirements for certain programs), who offer master programs for those looking to become licensed educators regardless of bachelor program.  As far as counseling options that too can vary by state, so you should look into options for your state and work backwards a bit - either way, know where you want to get to and then plan how to get there from where you are now.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art class, Art History Sara143 28 1,775 4 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 65,394 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  First post, political science class guidance needed Daniel14 6 301 03-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  How does adding another class work? Marlin9276 4 429 02-02-2024, 05:29 PM
  Need Help With BABA Marketing Class selection rrrr 5 507 12-17-2023, 06:59 PM
  Class difficulty bvndz 5 978 12-17-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ishady
  Average Milestones per Undergraduate Class? klone 6 809 09-27-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: ishady
  One last UL History class... Duneranger 0 339 09-15-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Fall Class list (Brightspace) Duneranger 9 940 08-26-2023, 03:05 PM
  What's the average time it takes for you to complete a class? Dlynn1219 6 996 07-21-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: PineapplePen